BMW vario panniers vs GIvi trekker panniers

Benhur Malta

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dear all,

I currently use a set of vario panniers on my twincam. The vario panniers have seen a lot of work and their expansion mechanism is jammed open. I was thinking of shifting over to a set of givi panniers because I have had good experience with them on other bikes and they can be transferred from bike to bike if needed.

What are your thoughts?

One question I have is whether the givi luggage should be the same volume on each side or whether it should be bigger on the right side, given that the left side has to cater for the can..can anyone share their experiences please?

Thanks

R.

go on ebay and buy a set of genuine aluminum BMW ones.... would be cheaper and u get the cut out for the exhaust

go on ebay and buy a set of genuine aluminum BMW ones.... would be cheaper and u get the cut out for the exhaust

How about the fixing rails? is it a part which can be ordered separately?

R.

How about the fixing rails? is it a part which can be ordered separately?

R.

these were a part that was an option when buying the bike, soclearly available separately... how much ? another ebay job. these are such common bikes and now getting old so should be lots out there.

left side for 2006 to 2010 model

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmw-K25-...151330&hash=item421ebaab89:g:HVMAAOSwyNRfPBXx

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R-12...344577&hash=item36662e8ea4:g:s9MAAOSw6IJduswD

Dear all,

One question I have is whether the givi luggage should be the same volume on each side or whether it should be bigger on the right side, given that the left side has to cater for the can..can anyone share their experiences please?

Thanks

R.

I had Trekkers on the 1150 and you need the 33lt on the Exhaust Side to match the Depth of the 46lt on the opposite side.
Decent Panniers but the Finish on Givi Mounting Rails is total shite.
Pay a fortune for them, fit them, go for a Brew and when you come out again the Powder Coating is all over the floor and the Bars are Rusty.
Complain to Givi (or Kappa) and they couldn't give a flying f#ck!!
As someone else already said, get some Top Loading Beemer ones if Budget allows.
But beware, they're not always Watertight!!

Back
Top Bottom