All Year Biker

I used a guy near Folkestone a couple of times.
The first time, about 6 years ago, he was newly 'qualified' and did a meticulous job, using different, clean cloths and brushes for different purposes. The next, and last time, was about 18 months ago when I took my then new KTM SDR for a thorough clean and ACF50 treatment prior to a NC500 trip - he really had changed, didn't seem to be interested, started cleaning the bike with a bucket and dirty cloths until I stopped him and got him to do it properly.

I won't be using them again and I do the ACF50 treatment myself.

The guy who is the All Year Biker rep in the Southampton area, is a firefighter as well. He does a brilliant job. Nothing left on my discs or anything, very impressed.

I've just booked my bike in with Bahstormers, who several have mentioned do a great job.

£40+VAT for clean, polish, and ACF50 coating - gotta be worth a go ;)

They must be paying their employees minimum wage!
I mean seriously.
Can’t wait to find out how you get on!

I used AYB a few years back, thinking I was protected I followed the ride and rinse rule. Lots of corrosion a couple of months later, a mistake I think.

I then read up, bought a compressor and ACF50 and did it myself since. Since doing so no corrosion, as its not 60quid a pop I do all my bikes more regularly all year round, prob every 3-4 months.

Also areas of cars that tend to deteriorate, hard line brake pipes, motorhome towbars etc all get a dose as well. Once your used to handling it and have a process its quick and not hard work at all.

At work we’ve been using All Year Biker ACF treatment on our courier bikes for the last 4 years that do big mileages and it’s great. You may still get a little bit of corrosion in a few places but 95% less than you’ll get on an untreated bike ridden throughout the winter. We just give the bikes a regular rinse off with a hose pipe to get rid of the worst of the salt but don’t wash with any aggressive cleaner which will remove the ACF. We treat them once before winter and once after winter.

The Honda’s finish has faired better than Yam’s in general. Can’t comment on BMW’s for winter use though.

Had mine done twice now by the guy in Southampton. He is a Fireman who does it in between his shifts. Bloody great . My bike is never so clean as when he has done the ACF treatment. Would recommend to anyone. Forgot what his name is but really nice bloke.

Regards Steve

My bike is never so clean as when he has done the ACF treatment

It's not the ACF that makes it clean, it's the hours of cleaning before the ACF is applied that does that! The good guys will take hours of prep (from memory the guy up in Dundee took about 3 hours) before applying the ACF. They do seem to spray it on everything, which makes all the switches and so on sticky. It's good value for the hours they put in, but if I do it again I will ask them to only spray the ACF50 onto the metal bits and leave all the plastics, tank, switchgear etc alone.

Had mine done twice now by the guy in Southampton. He is a Fireman who does it in between his shifts. Bloody great . My bike is never so clean as when he has done the ACF treatment. Would recommend to anyone. Forgot what his name is but really nice bloke.

Regards Steve

Can yo post or PM me the details please?
Cheers

Resurrecting this as have a related question. I've spent a couple of hours coating the metal bits in ACF 50, once thats done whats the best thing to do over winter subsequently, is it not wash it at all or rinse it with cold water ? (or do you wash it anwway normally)

RBW.

P.S. The 'metal bits' doesn't include the brake discs... ok maybe a little bit but they were wiped with brake cleaner afterwards.

Ive been advised to leave it on and not wash the bike. I chicken out every year and wash the bike off and reapply the acf50..I'm bound to be wrong but it doesn't take long for the bike to look like its been in the canal for a month

I was told just to hose off excessive muck with cold water (especially if the roads have been salted).

A thorough clean (which will remove the ACF) is to be avoided until the Spring.

Ive been advised to leave it on and not wash the bike. I chicken out every year and wash the bike off and reapply the acf50..I'm bound to be wrong but it doesn't take long for the bike to look like its been in the canal for a month

I was told just to hose off excessive muck with cold water (especially if the roads have been salted).

A thorough clean (which will remove the ACF) is to be avoided until the Spring.

Thanks both :beerjug:

I suspect I will say that I will leave it until March/April with just cold water rinses of the heaviest muck, but once I see how dirty the bike gets I'll cave in, wash it properly and re-apply. :D

RBW.

I've used it for years and as already said, hose it down with cold water but then bottle it and give it a good clean and reapply. I messed up one year when I was commuting on a Bandit and didn't clean it well enough, I ended up sealing the salt in with the ACF50, when I came to clean it in March it was a right state.

If you don't have one its worth investing in a pet drier, when you dry the bike properly you can quickly see any bits you've missed. It'll be £45 well spent.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

I've used it for years and as already said, hose it down with cold water but then bottle it and give it a good clean and reapply. I messed up one year when I was commuting on a Bandit and didn't clean it well enough, I ended up sealing the salt in with the ACF50, when I came to clean it in March it was a right state.

If you don't have one its worth investing in a pet drier, when you dry the bike properly you can quickly see any bits you've missed. It'll be £45 well spent.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks, funnily enough I've just purchased a 'pet' drier :thumb2 .

RBW.

do it yourself its easy, wash your bike then apply the acf with a small air spray gun, but remember to cover your wheels, brakes and hand grips before you cover the bike in acf I do mine about three times a year.

I wasnt impressed when i had them do mine so i now do it myself and I know its done correctly.

do it yourself its easy, wash your bike then apply the acf with a small air spray gun, but remember to cover your wheels, brakes and hand grips before you cover the bike in acf I do mine about three times a year.

I wasnt impressed when i had them do mine so i now do it myself and I know its done correctly.

But do you wash it between applications ?

RBW.

I do wash as usual in winter but not with anything agressive which will take the ACF50 off - no muck off or sodoc50 or the like. I tried the rinse and then wash in spring - if you or in my case the person I paid todo it has missed any small bit - you basically gonna be leaving it to do its worst until spring. If I was using a lot over winter I would look to recoat after around 10 washes. I wash with a car shampoo with extra wax which also seems to help and also on any smooth metal or plastics give it a quick details with a quick detailer with wax in it or a hydrophobic turtle wax. These for me help protect the acf50 base layer and aid product washing off.

Are you recommending him?

As others have said it so depends on getting a good operator. I've had some so so and a couple truly excellent. I'd love to find one in easy reach of London who took the time to do the job properly.

D

There's a company called Mo clean that work out of London Colney in Herts. They also do mobile cleaning. I've used them a few times and they are good. As with all these things, I would be present when the bike is being done. They also do the ACF50/XCP treatment etc.

https://mo-clean.com/

I do my own bike with ACF, that way you know its done well. Air compressor and a gravity fed spray gun. Economical and great coverage.

Back
Top Bottom