All Year Biker

https://allyearbiker.co.uk/

Just wondering what (if any) experience folks have had? :nenau

Had it done three or four times. Always had ACF-50 treatment not XCF.

First time was the guy who started the business years back (I forget his name) then a couple of times at shows or hosted sites.

Actually currently trying to arrange a treatment - was to have been yesterday but has been postponed.

People get very excited about it - how it makes you bike look like new etc etc. Yes, your bike will be shiny - it's covered in oil! This does attract dirt and can occasionally make parts slippy that shouldn't be - most importantly though it does seem to work at stopping/slowing corrosion.

It is important to find a good person to do it though. I've had a couple do it just OK and a couple like a work art - taking hours.

With winter coming its strongly recommended.

Doug

Just had my bike done
acf3c43cb5e2dfb35bb236c7af4677af.jpg

ff26a82ec934f24c0c1b8dcc74135910.jpg

42b01ccaf987b7d0237936857163cc2c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if you want your plastics shiny including vario panniers use this sparingly.

https://fabfinds.co.uk/products/wood-silk-non-silicon-with-beeswax-furniture-polish-250ml?variant=20235239784551&currency=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp-rN7sL46wIVitd3Ch0zAg_PEAQYAiABEgIRXvD_BwE

Available from wilko for £2. contains no silicon and can be sprayed on visor to make rain bead etc

Use sparingly and buff with a micro fibre type cloth. Bike looks show room fresh

if you want your plastics shiny including vario panniers use this sparingly.

https://fabfinds.co.uk/products/wood-silk-non-silicon-with-beeswax-furniture-polish-250ml?variant=20235239784551¤cy=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp-rN7sL46wIVitd3Ch0zAg_PEAQYAiABEgIRXvD_BwE

Available from wilko for £2. contains no silicon and can be sprayed on visor to make rain bead etc

Use sparingly and buff with a micro fibre type cloth. Bike looks show room fresh

Why would you want to use wood polish on your plastics? Plastics are commonly vulnerable to damage from solvents in products like this; I'd suggest using products designed for them.

Ironically, silicone (which may be bad for wood, I don't know tbh) is often a useful lubricant for plastics and in hydrophobic coatings!

D

He is called Jon Holloway in Chesham. It looks to be on for Thursday - he is proving hard to pin down!

Don’t do it. I was there last Monday. Difficult to pin down for a reason. Weird set up. He seems to be operating on a neighbours drive out the back of an old Peugeot. On reflection he could’ve been anyone and I’d love to know what insurance he has!
If you can get over that and go through with it, you’ll need to set aside at least an hour to tidy up the mess. I had stop him from cleaning my tft screen with car polish using a micro fibre cloth that had been on the gravel floor. There was ACF on the discs and tyres and excess ACF all over the bike. Very little (No) attention to detail.
I spent ages cleaning the wheels when I got home and the so called wash (that had been done before ACF’ing) was on closer inspection piss poor. It’s a shame because the process is good, but the execution was dreadful. I’ll try a different guy next time or just head to Barnstormers who do the same for a few quid more.

UNIT 11
VICTORIA BUSINESS CENTRE
BURGESS HILL
RH15 9LR

Connor shipway, Allyearbiker_sussex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t do it. I was there last Monday. Difficult to pin down for a reason. Weird set up. He seems to be operating on a neighbours drive out the back of an old Peugeot. On reflection he could’ve been anyone and I’d love to know what insurance he has!
If you can get over that and go through with it, you’ll need to set aside at least an hour to tidy up the mess. I had stop him from cleaning my tft screen with car polish using a micro fibre cloth that had been on the gravel floor. There was ACF on the discs and tyres and excess ACF all over the bike. Very little (No) attention to detail.
I spent ages cleaning the wheels when I got home and the so called wash (that had been done before ACF’ing) was on closer inspection piss poor. It’s a shame because the process is good, but the execution was dreadful. I’ll try a different guy next time or just head to Barnstormers who do the same for a few quid more.

Similar experience to mine, find another operator.

Similar experience to mine, find another operator.

Sorry only just saw this thread and was going to post about my experience with the gentleman in Chesham, but others have beaten me to it. He as operating out of a pub car park when I went last year, and was turning bikes around a lot quicker than I'd expect. Wasn't anywhere near as good a clean and treatment as I got from ShinyBikes when they were operating.

The standards between operators seem quite variable so if you can find an operator who does a good job, then worth doing and I would stick with them!

Ironically, silicone (which may be bad for wood, I don't know tbh) is often a useful lubricant for plastics and in hydrophobic coatings!

I use silicone oil on faded unpainted plastics - brings them back to looking like new. It's not only very good on unpainted plastics it's also very slippery, so don't use it any where grip is needed...

Less than £15 for a litre and it goes a very long way.

Oh!

Thanks for the heads up - yes, he talked about working on a nearby drive 'because there were problems elsewhere'

I will avoid - thanks!

UNIT 11
VICTORIA BUSINESS CENTRE
BURGESS HILL
RH15 9LR

Connor shipway, Allyearbiker_sussex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you recommending him?

As others have said it so depends on getting a good operator. I've had some so so and a couple truly excellent. I'd love to find one in easy reach of London who took the time to do the job properly.

D

Why would you want to use wood polish on your plastics? Plastics are commonly vulnerable to damage from solvents in products like this; I'd suggest using products designed for them.

D

Disagree this is used a furniture polish which has beeswax. No chemical in this product will cause harm to plastics. Housewives use it everyday. effectively it is just an aerosol spray wax which is safe for wood.

Leaves a shiny wet look which allows water to bead... just like other wax based products

I've just booked my bike in with Bahstormers, who several have mentioned do a great job.

£40+VAT for clean, polish, and ACF50 coating - gotta be worth a go ;)

Disagree this is used a furniture polish which has beeswax. No chemical in this product will cause harm to plastics. Housewives use it everyday. effectively it is just an aerosol spray wax which is safe for wood.

Leaves a shiny wet look which allows water to bead... just like other wax based products

Sure, I don't know what's in it - I'd be querying what the solvent for the beeswax is though.

Probably fine, but I try to work to the mantra of 'right tool for the job' and so what might bring a sideboard up lovely might have other less immediate (and undesirable) effects on plastics.

Back
Top Bottom