Thermal liners

I usually remove the liners from ky Rukka jackets and wear layers instead, however , I recently bought one of these as an inner jacket, cheap as chips at £30 and makes a huge difference when the temperature drops
REGATTA Freezeway jacket

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-28-14-13-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-28-14-13-56.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 293
I usually remove the liners from ky Rukka jackets and wear layers instead, however , I recently bought one of these as an inner jacket, cheap as chips at £30 and makes a huge difference when the temperature drops
REGATTA Freezeway jacket

I’m looking at the Rukka Down-X, but just seen this. How thin is it under a Rukka jacket?

I’m looking at the Rukka Down-X, but just seen this. How thin is it under a Rukka jacket?

The issue with lots of outdoor brand down jackets for under your bike jacket is length, rather than bulk - especially if you like to zip your jacket and troos together.

The Rukka Down-X is noticeably shorter than a “regular” down jacket, so works perfectly. My Arcteryx down jacket works with my Twat suit but is too long to use with my Rukka suit.

The issue with lots of outdoor brand down jackets for under your bike jacket is length, rather than bulk - especially if you like to zip your jacket and troos together.

The Rukka Down-X is noticeably shorter than a “regular” down jacket, so works perfectly. My Arcteryx down jacket works with my Twat suit but is too long to use with my Rukka suit.

Yeah that was my thinking as well, so I ordered the Down-X earlier. I'll tell Mrs Nutty that the feathers are from birds that were already dead, not plucked while alive. :D

just buy a warm and safe heated base layer,put a windproof layer on top of that job done,no bulk just toasty warm,its a game changer with the heated base layer trust me sooo much better than the heated jacket a la keis etc.

What about the thermals for your trousers. Do you just use long johns of some description?

I realise I am working to a slightly different budget to some others, however...

Long johns - yes, and military cold weather trouser liners (about £20) because at night they add about half a season to your sleeping bag. If you're travellling rather than commuting, it's all about doubling up and space saving.

I realise I am working to a slightly different budget to some others, however...

Long johns - yes, and military cold weather trouser liners (about £20) because at night they add about half a season to your sleeping bag. If you're travellling rather than commuting, it's all about doubling up and space saving.

I’ve sent an email to the price match folk at Motolegends, as their pricing is considerably higher than the Warm & Safe UK website. If they stick to knocking 10% off the competitiors price, then it makes the liner, glove liners and dual controller not a lot more than a Rukka jacket liner.

I’ll go down the long johns/ trouser liner route, so will commence my research on those shortly.

Long johns and their vest equivalent are indeed very good. But they are nothing more than the layering system in operation, as is a t-shirt and a quilted inner jacket, whether that comes from Rukka, a camping store or the local market. In short, layering is where it’s at.

The advantage an electrical system over layers are:

Less accumulated bulk.

An ability to decrease or increase the ‘layers’ at will, simply by turning the wick up or down.

The cost is sometimes no more than an ‘expensive’ upmarket technical item of clothing from a camping store or Rukka.

Though of course you are entirely right, the trick when touring is to reduce space by doubling up and space saving.

ive just bought from moto legends,the warm and safe website you have seen is not the officcial one someone in wales has nicked the url,however the guys at motolegends did price beat them 2 weeks ago for me when i bought a heated base layer and heat troller

The advantage an electrical system over layers are:

Less accumulated bulk.

An ability to decrease or increase the ‘layers’ at will, simply by turning the wick up or down.

Yup, perfect for the changeable UK weather, where temperatures can fluctuate so much throughout a days riding.

ive just bought from moto legends,the warm and safe website you have seen is not the officcial one someone in wales has nicked the url,however the guys at motolegends did price beat them 2 weeks ago for me when i bought a heated base layer and heat troller

Yep, they’ve just emailed to say the same thing. They’ll match the price, but not beat now.

Just installed the harnesses for the warm & safe on the bikes, and tested it out in the garage. Everything warms up, but it’s quite slow to heat up with just the ignition on. I can’t test it out on a road test for at least another week or two, so for those that have the warm & safe, will it warm up much quicker when riding, or is it a more gentle heat?

have you the base layer? it does warm slow and is lower power than say a keis jacket but because its close to the skin its much more efficinent ,i had mine only just on the other day and it was very good

have you the base layer? it does warm slow and is lower power than say a keis jacket but because its close to the skin its much more efficinent ,i had mine only just on the other day and it was very good

Yep, the base layer. I figured it’ll warm quicker once I’ve got all my kit on. :thumb

Yep cracking bit of kit!

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

REGATTA Freezeway jacket

Thanks for the pointer.

Now got one tucked away for around £25 all in from

https://www.outdoorclothing.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom