Keys scratching yoke

apd1001

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know of something which fits around the ignition to stop keys and fobs marking the yoke?

My XR has a plastic panel between the lock & tank that gets easily scratched by my house & disk lock keys. I have just stuck on some dark grey foam dots. I don't care what it looks like as my Kappa tank bag blocks the view as it overhangs this panel.

Could do, just a nuisance then finding top box and disc lock keys. There’s also the central locking remote and the tracker fob, which seem to leave black marks below the ignition.

Could do, just a nuisance then finding top box and disc lock keys. There’s also the central locking remote and the tracker fob, which seem to leave black marks below the ignition.

Put that lot on one key-fob (ideally a loop style) in your inside pocket, & just the ignition key on a second loop. The Tracker fob shouldn't be on your key ring. The tracker will activate if someone pushes your bike away, & the fob becomes distanced. If someone steals your keys, don't let them have the fob as well.

Key pouch?
There was a chap selling BMW Motorrad ones on here some time ago.:nenau

Search for 'JOllify carbon' on eBay, £14 ish delivered for a self-adhesive, carbon fibre protector. Very good quality and a perfect fit.

Pete
Thanks for this. There is an item for the 2005-2014 R1200RT but can’t see anything for the R1250RT. Do you know if the yoke/ignition key area changed between these models? Which model have you fitted the carbon to?

Key pouch?
There was a chap selling BMW Motorrad ones on here some time ago.:nenau

This^^^^^^^^^\^^^ My monkey bike has an Squire key ( for the chain) that feels so sharp it could cut glass. So I use the Motorrad pouch bought off here and it works brilliantly

Put that lot on one key-fob (ideally a loop style) in your inside pocket, & just the ignition key on a second loop. The Tracker fob shouldn't be on your key ring. The tracker will activate if someone pushes your bike away, & the fob becomes distanced. If someone steals your keys, don't let them have the fob as well.

Whatever system you adopt, take note of this warning about the tracker fob

Bike key on its own, garage remote/2 x locks/top box key. House keys planked in the garage while I’m out. I have a lanyard for the others if needs be, otherwise they’re put in a pocket. Simple, effective and most important, no scratches on my top yoke.

Attachments

• D58A00EE-12A3-44A7-9880-D95EEAC9024C.jpg
    D58A00EE-12A3-44A7-9880-D95EEAC9024C.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 232
ignition key and rope lanyard for remote . Other keys in pocket. No scratching. Done the same on all my bikes

Key wallet

I use this, holds alarm fob and wheel lock key.

Attachments

• B8808D6F-852F-452B-B340-874ADEC9685D.jpg
    B8808D6F-852F-452B-B340-874ADEC9685D.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 167

Back
Top Bottom