Help: 2018 K1600B LE - Valuation needed

bobsayshello

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all - would anyone have an idea what the expected trade in value (and 'private sale' price) for my bike would be?

Im booked in to see the dealer on Thursday and would like to have rough figures in my head beforehand.

Thanks in advance .. Bob :beerjug:

May 2018 with 2,200 miles (bought from new)

BMW K1600 B (LE)
Wunderlich Rack & Sissy bar fitted
Nav VI GPS

Bike is immaculate and has EVERY BMW factory option fitted (other than SOS)

Have a look in MCN and the other sales outlets (including dealerships) finding something similar.

Thee won't be that many of them as they are not a huge seller.

Look at ‘we buy any bike’, that will give you an instant valuation which will be close to trade price.

RBW

Curiosity got the better of me... seems a bit low ?

50371709213_18215467d8_k.jpg

Holy Moly :eek:

Bike cost me the thick end of 21k just 27 months ago (and I then I went and put another 2k worth of extras on it :blast)

If anyone out there is wondering about going PCP then its going get my vote in future because that is some serious depreciation for a cash bought bike (albeit nobody knew Covid was going to slap us).

Lesser spec'd bikes (with bigger mileage) are on MCN etc etc for about +£15k retail ... but ill cross everything the dealer offers me more than the Webuyanybike price.

Thanks for all your help .. Bob

Holy Moly :eek:

Bike cost me the thick end of 21k just 27 months ago (and I then I went and put another 2k worth of extras on it :blast)

If anyone out there is wondering about going PCP then its going get my vote in future because that is some serious depreciation for a cash bought bike (albeit nobody knew Covid was going to slap us).

Lesser spec'd bikes (with bigger mileage) are on MCN etc etc for about +£15k retail ... but ill cross everything the dealer offers me more than the Webuyanybike price.

Thanks for all your help .. Bob

Why would PCP help?

Unpopular & expensive bikes will always depreciate quickly, whether you pay cash or do PCP

....only because I would then have the option to trade it in for more than £10.5K.

Totally agree that expensive bikes depreciate a lot (its a BMW) but certainly wouldn't class the K1600 B as unpopular though :nenau

expect a good kick in the balls,
if you have good insurance ,park it up in london for a few hours .

My brother got a kick in the balls when he went to trade in his F800GT. 2016 16,000 km service history ect all extras including side cases. Guess your lowest. How about €3750? Now riding a nc750x JJH

I got a quote from WBAB in January before I traded my GS in just to be able to get a feel for whether what the dealer offered me was a fair price. The WBAB price was 2.5k below what the dealer offered me and that was without WBAB seeing it and usually they try and beat you down even more once they see it. I was given numerous excuses as to why the price was so low including bikes don't sell in January which in the case of the GS is cobblers as they sell all year round and mine was in the dealers less than 2 weeks before it found a new owner. WBAB will probably contact you offering you more if you don't take the bait to try to get you to take it in -they're just trying to get your bike as cheaply as they can to maximise their profits and unless really desperate I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Advertise it here, loading up what a dealership offers you. Though, take care, as the eagle eyed will spot that you are trying to rip-off innocent bikermates.

As to the bike’s popularity? Like it’s older cousins, the 1600 GT and GTL, you’ll not see 100’s, unlike the ubiquitous GS. Not least, the ‘bagger’ style is, shall we say, an acquired taste; loved or derided. Take your pick.

PS The entire 1600 range is much more popular on mainland Europe, as are lots of motorbikes written off on these pages as ‘unsuitable’. Try advertising it on eBay, someone will call from Frankfurt or Lisbon; they won’t be there to steal from you, despite dire warnings to the contrary.

Webuyanybike just rang and apologised for undervaluing my bike and increased their offer to £12k (without rack/backrest/GPS) AND said they would increase it if its as immaculate as I say :thumby:

So its official .... mint BMW K1600B's are an appreciating asset!!!

I still said no because I'm off to see what the dealer says tomorrow (will list it here first whatever happens .. )

Bob

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200923-151341_Email.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200923-151341_Email.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 298
I'm glad your value is going up, I'd keep the accessories to sell separately and try to sell it around the £14k mark. It is not a volume bike like a GS, but it has a market, although I do think it's audience is more likely to lay it up over winter, so it will be easier to sell come April onwards next year for probably the same money as you would get now?

BMW have some really silly deals on just now, especially if you take the finance, and they also have an extra £1k over your trade in price deal, so you can add up a few deals together, which is what I done to get a really good buy a few weeks ago ;)

I think most people buying expensive bikes less than three years old go to the dealers. BMW sell their approved models with two years warranty which they back up pretty well, and fully serviced, good tyres etc. I would expect to pay up to £2k more from a dealers then a private buy, but on a £15k second hand bike as complex as a big K I would swallow that.

I think most people buying expensive bikes less than three years old go to the dealers. BMW sell their approved models with two years warranty which they back up pretty well, and fully serviced, good tyres etc. I would expect to pay up to £2k more from a dealers then a private buy, but on a £15k second hand bike as complex as a big K I would swallow that.

I would buy privately , trouser the £2k saving and when the standard manufacturers warranty expired I’d use some of the £2k to buy the extended warranty and use the rest for a couple of dealer services. You’ll find they will honour the warranty and provide similar back up even if you didn’t buy the bike off them.

Bike keeps appreciating!!

Went to the dealer today who offered £13.5k straight off the bat (without the fitted extras) and told me he would up that offer if I agreed to buy a new one :beerjug:

Belco100 .. I always thought that way too but at a just 2k mileage the tyres and brakes are v good (well they are on mine) and bike isnt due another service for at least another 4k miles .. I have absolutely no doubt the dealer is going to list my bike well north of £16k which pays for the official extended warranty many many mannnyyyy times over with change to spare!!

Went to the dealer today who offered £13.5k straight off the bat (without the fitted extras) and told me he would up that offer if I agreed to buy a new one :beerjug:

Belco100 .. I always thought that way too but at a just 2k mileage the tyres and brakes are v good (well they are on mine) and bike isnt due another service for at least another 4k miles .. I have absolutely no doubt the dealer is going to list my bike well north of £16k which pays for the official extended warranty many many mannnyyyy times over with change to spare!!

£21k to £13.5k, is a hefty depreciation

About £3.40 per mile, for those 2200 miles

I’d keep it as it won’t depreciate as steeply from now on

No insult intended - what I was trying to say in a round about was I would expect to be able to sell it for about £2k less than a dealer - so if the dealer would sell for north of £16k you should get north of £14k for it, if that makes any sense?

I've just had a PCP quote on a 2016 model B at £13995. £1300 deposit and £199 pm over 30 months with 6k miles per year. The GFMV/ Balloon payment is just under £8k.

That seems like a decent enough deal to me. It also seems like a huge amount of money someone has lost over 3 years, if a BM dealership has bought it in at a fair bit less.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom