Weird hein gericke lining

Captain jack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just came to putting my liner back in my hg jacket and noted a lumpy, squishy stuff in the breathable bitbof the lining. Looks like something has gone awry in the eashing mschine!

Any bright ideas welcome

Eashing mschines play havoc with breathable bitbof. There’s a lot of talk about it on Mumsnet, my mate says.

Sorry, cannot see your photos :nenau

Perhaps you could give the world a couple of pictures of what you found or a clearer description. Lumpy, quishy stuff doesn’t really mean that much, unless somehow the liner held some sort of squashy armour that has disintegrated or you left your soiled grundies in there.

It's the warning label saying do not machine wash the liner.

Had similar with a berghaus puffa style gillet after washing, the liner material clumped up inside it when it dried.

More out of desperation I stuck it in the tumble drier on high heat for 10 to 15 minutes and it declumped the lining material and puffed it back up .

Might work on yours

Perhaps you could give the world a couple of pictures of what you found or a clearer description. Lumpy, quishy stuff doesn’t really mean that much, unless somehow the liner held some sort of squashy armour that has disintegrated or you left your soiled grundies in there.

There is nothing to see. It is inside the lining. Despite saying wash on 30 degree cycle something has clearly gone wrong.

Please see above from Neil. For future reference its what a constructive reply looks like. Try considering them in future. You might feel less grumpy afterwards.

Don’t take it to heart, or too literally. Post #2 is / was a joke, in the style of UKGSer’s much vaunted piss taking.

Of course it’s likely to some sort of lining that has absorbed the water, rather as washed sleeping bags can do. Depending on the garment’s age, a tumble dry, followed by a good shake may sort it out. If you want to know what it looks like, pull the filter out of the washing machine.

Had similar with a berghaus puffa style gillet after washing, the liner material clumped up inside it when it dried.

More out of desperation I stuck it in the tumble drier on high heat for 10 to 15 minutes and it declumped the lining material and puffed it back up .

Might work on yours

Stick in it with a tennis ball . Works even better .

I had the same problem and asked the wife for advice on how many tennis balls to use, she said
15,love....

5 goes later, I was tired and asked her for a drink, “what would you like?l she said.

Juice I replied

(I know it’s not spelt like that but I bet it’s pronounced similar like in some parts of the country)

It's just a thought, but when you washed this liner, did you use those soft capsules (as opposed to liquid in the drawer/tablets/powder)?

I'm wondering if fabric softener has done it's damage... This soft capsules often contain it...

Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It's just a thought, but when you washed this liner, did you use those soft capsules (as opposed to liquid in the drawer/tablets/powder)?

I'm wondering if fabric softener has done it's damage... This soft capsules often contain it...

Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

No dont use them but thanks anyway

did the jacket make a racket when in the machine ? more top spin the jacket was on the line man .

Back
Top Bottom