Blind spot mirrors

gazuk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these on a GS.

Been looking around and the round ones seem to be a standard 2 inch and quite a few comments saying they are to big for a motorcyxle mirror (and one comment specifically mentioned the 1200gs).

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

For years I used one of the rectangular type designed to clamp onto car mirrors. I managed to clamp it to the screen at eye level on two different bikes.

tom

whatever happened to a head check?
Nothing.

And when I'm got my open face or x zero helmet on i can get my neck round and have a good look. But when the weather is wet and have to wear a full face i can't quite get my stiff neck round enough, so i figure a blind spot mirror may help.

This is not a replacement for a life saver, just an addition.

why not just change road position and keep scanning the side mirror for the blind spot or changes in the mirror? movement should avoid the static blind spot or no?

I'm all for weaving all over the shop and looking dangerous/ out of control... it makes people give me more space...

I fitted two plastic convex reflective disc “ mirrors”to my F650GS GS mirrors before riding around Europe. They were bought from a car accessory shop, cost about £3 for the pair.

Fitted nicely in the corner of the mirror about the size of a 15/ 20 mm coin and certainly show you a wide field of view.

Saw some small round blind spot mirrors on a gsa they were mounted on the small wind deflector’s .don't know what the view was like with them though ,looked like those convex wide view Jobs

Has anyone tried these on a GS.

Been looking around and the round ones seem to be a standard 2 inch and quite a few comments saying they are to big for a motorcyxle mirror (and one comment specifically mentioned the 1200gs).

Why not just get some blindspot mirrors, size and shape of your choosing and stick them roughly (use a bit of double sided tape) where you think they should be. Give them a go. If you like them, stick them on permanently. If you don’t, give up or try another shape or size. It’s called self-help and you are not relying on some other bod, who thinks they are ‘great, mate’. Who knows, when you are done you can return to UKGSer, as the authority on the matter.

Why not just get some blindspot mirrors, size and shape of your choosing and stick them roughly (use a bit of double sided tape) where you think they should be. Give them a go. If you like them, stick them on permanently. If you don’t, give up or try another shape or size. It’s called self-help and you are not relying on some other bod, who thinks they are ‘great, mate’. Who knows, when you are done you can return to UKGSer, as the authority on the matter.
But isn't that one if the benefits of a forum, getting advice and maybe avoiding pitfalls and wasting time by learning from others.

I've asked the question, got a few useful replies so I'll now go and have a go.

Isn’t half the fun trying something and seeing how you get on? Particularly something as simple and personal as blind spot mirrors, the positioning and shape of which will vary from bod to bod.

Did you do your Alps jaunt in the end?

The May alps trip was cancelled due to the first lockdown, we then replanned it for August which we then had to cancel as the quarantine rule for france was introduced. Third time lucky next year.

I have seen someone using a round plastic one that had been cut in half and shaped to fit in a corner of each mirror.
These things are so cheap what is there to lose?

tom

Back
Top Bottom