Question on lowering Adventure front shock.

Al-1150

Reaction score
I have a Wilber rearshock that my local suspension guy is lowering 20mm for me. I have asked him to fit a Hyperpro lowering spring for the front (photo below) shock to balance the bike. He said he wouldn't fit the lowering springs to the adventure shock as it wouldn't be safe so he couldn't stand over it. He advised me to get the standard GS front shock instead.

Can someone explain the problem with using the lowering spring?
The shop and Hyperpro obviously think there's no issue.

I've taken his word for it of course as he is a professional, in fairness he did try to explain it, but it was a phonecall and I didn't want to be keep burning his ear for a long lesson on motorbike suspension. I still don't get it, so would be delighted if someone here can explain what the problem is?

Has anyone else used Hyperpro lowering springs?
Thanks
ec688bd5e0329053ca54e0179bc781bf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Simply fitting a short spring so not using the first part of the shock's stroke is a really bad idea, your suspension guy is absolutely right :)

Simply fitting a short spring so not using the first part of the shock's stroke is a really bad idea, your suspension guy is absolutely right :)
Cheers good to know, I didn't really doubt him. Can you explain what the issue is? Sorry if I'm being a bit thick.
Isnt everything the same except less travel on spring?

Simply...the first part of the stroke is 'softer' absorbing smaller bumps.

Simply...the first part of the stroke is 'softer' absorbing smaller bumps.
But why will using a shorter spring mean the first part of the stroke doesn't get used?

Back
Top Bottom