Rukka Nivala leaking of design flaw

wispyone

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok so I have had the suit a while now and love it, it's a good fit and comfy to ride in. Done a few long 300-400 miles day trips with no problems.......but.....

The last few days I have been out it has pi55ed it down, constant for a good few hours. When I got home and taking the kit off the bottom (front) of my t-shirt was wet along with the waistband of my under krackers. Looking at the trousers I can't tell if the zip is leaking of if the water is getting forced up and under the front of the jacket.

Anyone noticed anything similar or bad a problem with the zip?

Cheers

Richard

Sorry, I’ve no direct experience of the Nivala but I’ve heard a few tales of water ingress caused by it being pushed up between the trousers and jacket.

Did you use the crotch strap thing, to hold the jacket front down?

Have you used the suit in really heavy rain before?

Have you zipped the jacket and pants together?

Did you use the crotch strap thing, to hold the jacket front down?

Have you used the suit in really heavy rain before?

Yes I have used in rain before but not as bad or for as long as last few days. In relation to the crotch strap????

I have just looked at the jacket and can see a strap in the rear of the jacket and a hoop at the front. Is this it? And does it work?

Richard

What can also happen is that if you don’t have your shirt or whatever tucked in properly, water can work its way in. The shirt then wicks the water around, wetting anything it touches...... that and accidentally leaving your trouser flies undone.

Back
Top Bottom