Anyone here know of a service to get a bike shipped that is collection only ?

Walowiz

Reaction score
long story short, trying to get a reasonably priced Full susser for my daughter, as she’s outgrown (again) her HT and wants to get out mtb’ing with me.

found one - and of course it’s oop north 250 miles away and it’s the usual “collection only”. Which is irritating as it’s the right spec and importantly colour combo :blast

It’s easy if the seller will box up and I organise a courier - done that a few times now, but is there a service that’ll box it up and courier ?

Searched online and there seems to be this: https://cyclesent.co.uk/product/delivery-service-without-box/

But wondered if the UKGSER massif have used a service for this that they could recommend ?

Find a cycle shop close to the seller and give them a ring. If the seller can drop it off, I’m sure they’ll box it for you ready for a courier, for a small fee.

AA.... has it about right bike shop will charge you abit shipping will cost abit let's say it's £50....

or daytrip it... always good for abit of selfish father daughter time and they can't get away, makes sure in a phone free trip and you can get some real intel on what's going on in their lives.... cos it's not long till the last thing they want to do is hang about with parents....

AA.... has it about right bike shop will charge you abit shipping will cost abit let's say it's £50....

or daytrip it... always good for abit of selfish father daughter time and they can't get away, makes sure in a phone free trip and you can get some real intel on what's going on in their lives.... cos it's not long till the last thing they want to do is hang about with parents....

I’ll give that a go, as I looked into that for a bike that I might buy from the US, but I never took it any further.

Too true about time being short, but looking forward to getting out on the bikes and having a laugh with her.

I’ve used Hermes and UPS collection. The bike will need to be boxed and I guess any bike shop would let you have a bike box if you go when they’re quiet and ask nicely. I’ve found I had to take the front wheel out and either swivel the handlebars 90deg or remove them completely, and take out the seat and pin, and remove pedals.

+1 for Angus's idea - all the other links seem to require the vendor boxing it up.

Where exactly is the bike? I do Halifax trips now and then and would of course help if it's logistically not too tricky.

+1 for Angus's idea - all the other links seem to require the vendor boxing it up.

Where exactly is the bike? I do Halifax trips now and then and would of course help if it's logistically not too tricky.

Thanks for the offer, bike has now been sold sadly. The search continues.

All the links here involve the seller boxing the bike up, which is the problem.

As per Al’s suggestion, why not have a word with Lee Costello?
I know it’s a push bike, but there’s no real difference, is there?
He’d be able to transport it complete and might do a cheaper rate as it won’t take up much room.
You would just need the seller to be willing to hang onto the bike for a wee while.

Back
Top Bottom