Centre stand bracket bolt keeps coming loose R1100GS

ThreeDawg

Reaction score
I'm having trouble keeping the left hand bolt that fastens the centre stand bracket to the engine case tight. I've cleaned it all out and used Loctite 243 blue, but it keeps coming undone. No idea why - maybe the engine heat softens up the Loctite, possibly the hole in the bracket has enlarged a little bit and the act of using the centre stand loosens it. Is there a more heat resistant or stronger Loctite compound I should be using here? RHS one never needs tightening.

I'm having trouble keeping the left hand bolt that fastens the centre stand bracket to the engine case tight. I've cleaned it all out and used Loctite 243 blue, but it keeps coming undone. No idea why - maybe the engine heat softens up the Loctite, possibly the hole in the bracket has enlarged a little bit and the act of using the centre stand loosens it. Is there a more heat resistant or stronger Loctite compound I should be using here? RHS one never needs tightening.

remove the bolt and clean/degrease the hole then pack it with JB weld then insert the bolt and and tighten it up then leave it to set ..that should work ..

Red loctite is stronger and I would favour that over JB weld (just, no) but Id be more inclined to see if i could figure out what was causing it to come loose in the first place and fix that.

Back
Top Bottom