Military Exercises Off The West Coast

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apparently there are 20ish countries taking part in some military exercises off the west coast this weekend. I also overtook 3 artics loaded with explosives going up the A74 this morning. :eek: I’m guessing that’s where they were off to. But where off the west coast? :nenau
Any locals got any idea? I wouldn’t mind watching some “action”. :D

Don’t tell the Norwegians or they’ll lob depth charges at the whales :blast

Cape Wrath up at Durness is where they do live firing. I've watched ship to shore gunning, shore to shore mortar firing and air to ground live bombing & straffing.

Ridden over the beach to get to the range control building several times in the past. Last visit the access gate to the range building was closed, so I just sat on the cliff next to the fence and watched the ship to shore work as well as sitting under the flight line of the mortars as they headed inland :eek:

SteveT

:cool:

I was with a Steve a few years back watching mortars go off, ship to shore shells and two awesome bombs dropped from Typhoons. ‘Twas brilliant.

I was sat in my van on Kinlochbervie quay today looking through my binoculars at the island just out the bay and a shagging great warship went chugging past! :eek: Absolute perfect timing. Only saw it for about 10 seconds as it went out of sight heading north. :thumb2

Once Monday has passed looks like decent weather if you're still north

Yep, looks better. Got another week up here yet so it would be nice to get the 390 Duke out if it dries up. :thumb2 I don’t do wet anymore. :augie
Heading over to Skye for a day or two. Depends if my favourite place is free. Probably not. Hey ho.

Oh crap. :mad: I missed that too. They were doing some sort of exercises with RIB’s on the big beach when I was there last week. There were some almighty booms going off from various places too.
Plus, ( I know I’m gonna regret saying this :D ) I’ve never seen a stealth fighter or bomber in the flesh yet despite living about 20 miles from the two big Merkin airbases! :D

The clue is in the title stealth bomber you aint supposed to to see them:D

Back
Top Bottom