P& D FERRIES HULL to ZEEBRUGGE ROUTE,

anyone know when they normally would release next years dates. I have emailed them today and got the standard answer saying not yet

Oh dear.
I'm sure P&O will - for the sake of the 267 punters each year, who don't like an extra hour's ride/drive from the Hook - do their level best to retain the Zeebrugge service.
Despite its loss-making credentials, year-on-year, those 267 travellers will support the vitally unimportant link and they can make hay with all that free time...
At least one bloke above "got it" :D

I've heard the some of the ship's staff (which P&O wish to retain) have already been re-assigned on to other fleet vessels on cross channel services. But, I guess they could always be asked back - nicely.

Oh dear.
I'm sure P&O will - for the sake of the 267 punters each year, who don't like an extra hour's ride/drive from the Hook - do their level best to retain the Zeebrugge service.
Despite its loss-making credentials, year-on-year, those 267 travellers will support the vitally unimportant link and they can make hay with all that free time...
At least one bloke above "got it" :D

I've heard the some of the ship's staff (which P&O wish to retain) have already been re-assigned on to other fleet vessels on cross channel services. But, I guess they could always be asked back - nicely.

Never been on the Hull Zeebrugge route when the boats have not been rammed full so a lot more than any 267 punters a year.

However, yet again P and O have moved the goalposts , the dates for 2021 are still not released to book and they are giving politicians replies to any e mails especially when rebooking with a credit note is mentioned .

We did manage to elicit a response when my wife blasted them on their facebook page, however, they still will not confirm as to whether the Zeebrugge route will be running for anything other than freight.

So far we have been told the dates for 2021 would be released on 01/09/2020 then 01/10/2020 and then 01/11/2020 now they say via facebook that 'we cannot confirm when dates for 2021 will be available to book' and they still have £720 of my money in their coffers

P and O ferries Hull to Rotterdam is now available to book online for 2021 according to the website, however, when you contact them via the chat line apparently the dates have not been released FFS.
As for the Zeebrugge route thet are unable to confirm or deny if it will be recomencing ,however, if it is decided at a later date that they are going to run the route they will allow transfer of booking from the Rotterdam crossing.
Eventually the chat line has conceded that you can book the Rotterdam route but not online if you are trying to reclaim a credit note from 2020.
Currently been on hold for 20 minutes trying to sort out the telephone ammendment.
I am beginning to think that they do not want our business

I am beginning to think that they have maybe never made any money out of the route(s) and COVID-19 has brought about their possible death..... but we shall see, as this entire thread has swung around more often than a rowing boat in a storm.

I am beginning to think that they have maybe never made any money out of the route(s) and COVID-19 has brought about their possible death..... but we shall see, as this entire thread has swung around more often than a rowing boat in a storm.

I was told last year that they had two new ships in build for the route and they are quite specific as they have to be able to circumnavigate (get through) the lock at Hull to get onto the berth.
More likely they are doing quite nicely running the route on a freight only basis needing less crew and are using covid as their out to drop the passenger side of the route and make it more profitable

Just used my credit ticket for next September for Rotterdam - Hull .Has to be done over phone didn't have to wait long on phone. I can change to Zeebrugge if it is going to run next year

Just used my credit ticket for next September for Rotterdam - Hull .Has to be done over phone didn't have to wait long on phone. I can change to Zeebrugge if it is going to run next year

What tele no did you use pal ?
Cheers

When we spoke to someone they strongly hinted that the Zeebrugge route would not be running, brother in law knows someone who works for P And O Ferries and is waiting to hear back for definite.

I had already been told that in mid October P & O Ferries were in negotiations with the Zeebrugge route staff regarding redundancies so i would not hold your breath

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/members-updates/redundancies--pando-ferries51020/

First trip booked for next year now the call centre is back open.

Back
Top Bottom