Wiring query

dicktheleg

Pestie to the Nobility
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Chaps, on my newly acquired F650GS (Twin) someone has unearthed an ignition switched live feed from the wiring loom near to the ECU. This is used to power accessories such as spotlights and satnav via a relay.

Can anyone tell me if they’ve done similar and how to unearth this wire?

They guy that bought my previous GS wishes to do the same.

Thanks
Rich

Chaps, on my newly acquired F650GS (Twin) someone has unearthed an ignition switched live feed from the wiring loom near to the ECU. This is used to power accessories such as spotlights and satnav via a relay.

Can anyone tell me if they’ve done similar and how to unearth this wire?

They guy that bought my previous GS wishes to do the same.

Thanks
Rich

Rich on my F700 there is a switched live in a little BMW pocket connector under the top tank Cover where the seat meets the tank. On my old F650GS some numpty had cut that connector off. Im not aware of anything near the ecu as it can get wet and dusty in there with water and crap thrown up from the rear wheel.

When I wired in spots on my old gs I ran direct from the battery with a splice into the small allways on bulb in the front headlight.

Im assuming by your description the live feed is just being used to energize the relay thus disabling the live feed to the components when the ignition is off so as not to flatten the battery.If so the live for the accesories should be on a seperate fused connection to somewhere like the battery Id suggest. As per steves post many bikes come with a couple of loose wires up near the front should a gps be fitted.

Back
Top Bottom