Clock won't keep time

OldCroc

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I keep resetting the clock on my 650 twin and within a day or two it is out by a couple of hours - always ahead. Keeps perfect time whilst riding and for short periods when not ridden. Are there any known issues with the clock on these bikes?:nenau

I keep resetting the clock on my 650 twin and within a day or two it is out by a couple of hours - always ahead. Keeps perfect time whilst riding and for short periods when not ridden. Are there any known issues with the clock on these bikes?:nenau

Never had an issue with mine. When you say ahead and a couple of hours is the switch sticking and then making and breaking? You could try cleaning it carefully with switch cleaner but dont get any on the computer screen or speedo lenses.

Does this model of clock have some form of flat cell back up battery by any chance?

Never had an issue with mine. When you say ahead and a couple of hours is the switch sticking and then making and breaking? You could try cleaning it carefully with switch cleaner but dont get any on the computer screen or speedo lenses.

Both the hours and minutes move on andrandomly. Eg 2hr 17 mins. Also once set all appears fine for a day or two then mysteriously all changes!

It may just be the pizzo crystal in the clock is faulty and over counting,

What is your battery condition?

I am wondering whether the bike has been jump started due to a dead battery recently.

Is it 2 hours wrong or is that a coincidence - could there be a poor connection somewhere that cuts the power to the instrument cluster when the bike is stationary for a period.

The time difference is random - went out today after standing for 2 days and the clock was one hour and a number of minutes slow. Battery is 100%. I am beginning to think there may be some corrosion in a connector somewhere so will investigate this.

Does this model of clock have some form of flat cell back up battery by any chance?

I am now thinking the same. I have noticed in the last couple of days that the clock stops when the key is switched off and starts again when the key is on. Unfortunately I had the speedo unit off the other day to change the dial from kmh to mph and did not look for a battery/cell in the unit :blast. I know that this bike stood for a number of years with no main battery attached and it is possible/likely that any back-up battery for the clock died!

Update and not wanting to tempt fate but the clock has started working as it should! Something must have kickstarted the battery/cell/capacitor.

Back
Top Bottom