Quadlock mount with vibration dampeners

That isn't what I wanted to hear! I'll give mine a test ride but if it's thst bad the whole can go back, they offer a 30day money back guarantee, I might have to use it.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Me neither when I have just purchased the kit.

I noticed they used Quadlock on yhe Long Way Up, would love to know what state Ewan and Charlie's phones were in by the end of the trip, not that it mstters to them as they'll probably just be given new ones but I'd still like to know!

Well, I took the bike out for a spin and it was surprisingly better than expected. The phone doesn't wobble all over the place like I thought it might, it's almost like the weight of the phone holds it in place and the mount wobbles beneath it. It's not brilliant but it's usable.

Well, I took the bike out for a spin and it was surprisingly better than expected. The phone doesn't wobble all over the place like I thought it might, it's almost like the weight of the phone holds it in place and the mount wobbles beneath it. It's not brilliant but it's usable.

At least it’s useable

I bought into quad lock years ago when they were mainly for cycles. Expensive but generally good quality and excellent customer service. I've done thousands of miles on many different bikes and MTB's without any problems despite owning the latest iPhone 10 XS for the last year. Though I have to say the M/C wireless charging head was a bit mickey mouse and rushed into production with flaws but I see it's been withdrawn now.

But, there are enough stories on the web to indicate there is a problem with solid mounts possibly damaging the phones image stabilisation sensors, so I bought one of the anti vibration thingy's. Initially I was a bit concerned with it seeming to wobble about too much but the screen isn't blurred and is still easy to see. I've swapped it around onto different bikes and unsurprisingly it's pretty bouncy on my Harley but soon settles down once you're moving. The jury is still out on my EMTB, I really don't think it can cope with the extremes of off road cycling but on a MC (which is what it is designed for) I think it's worth the 15 quid investment for some peace of mind. Apps like Calimoto, Waze and even Apple maps are just so good now I don't want to lose the ability to mount a phone on my bike. I now only ever use my Nav for pre planned routes.

For me, the quad lock system combined with the anti vibration damper is worth having, though I accept there is still a risk to the phone. You may feel otherwise as is your prerogative.

I bought into quad lock years ago when they were mainly for cycles. Expensive but generally good quality and excellent customer service. I've done thousands of miles on many different bikes and MTB's without any problems despite owning the latest iPhone 10 XS for the last year. Though I have to say the M/C wireless charging head was a bit mickey mouse and rushed into production with flaws but I see it's been withdrawn now.

But, there are enough stories on the web to indicate there is a problem with solid mounts possibly damaging the phones image stabilisation sensors, so I bought one of the anti vibration thingy's. Initially I was a bit concerned with it seeming to wobble about too much but the screen isn't blurred and is still easy to see. I've swapped it around onto different bikes and unsurprisingly it's pretty bouncy on my Harley but soon settles down once you're moving. The jury is still out on my EMTB, I really don't think it can cope with the extremes of off road cycling but on a MC (which is what it is designed for) I think it's worth the 15 quid investment for some peace of mind. Apps like Calimoto, Waze and even Apple maps are just so good now I don't want to lose the ability to mount a phone on my bike. I now only ever use my Nav for pre planned routes.

For me, the quad lock system combined with the anti vibration damper is worth having, though I accept there is still a risk to the phone. You may feel otherwise as is your prerogative.

Good to know. I really like my quadlock but have been a little concerned. Planning on a new phone soon so I’ll probably get the vibration unit with my new phone case.

The next issue I've got is getting my gloves to work with my Huawei P30.

I wish I could say the same after mounting the phone on my T7. I had to take it off as the phone was unreadable. I then mount it on my s1000xr and it was even worse. In both cases the phone was wobbling far more than without the anti vibration module. Maybe it’s the position where the phone face is vertical. Maybe it would be better on the bars in a horizontal position. Maybe it has to do with the bikes’ buzzing frequency.
I just wouldn’t trust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the quadlock on the bars if my HD heritage , it’s connected via a ram mount, no problem at all with vibration etc, wonder if the ram mount suppresses it ?

Got the quadlock on the bars if my HD heritage , it’s connected via a ram mount, no problem at all with vibration etc, wonder if the ram mount suppresses it ?

Hi Pal, What ram mount do you use with the quadlock ?
Cheers Doc

Hi Pal, What ram mount do you use with the quadlock ?
Cheers Doc

I use the m8 bolt mount. swapped out one of the handlebar mounting bolts and it’s a really tidy solution with the phone nice and central.

Anyone use a quad lock on an RT and able to post a photo?

Received my stuff today. Does anyone else have problems using the phone with the waterproof poncho on ? or do you not use it unless its raining ? I cant use the screen with the poncho on and it clearly states you can.

If you have an iPhone 7 or later or most of the galaxy notes they are water proof/resistant. I've never used the poncho and been out in some pretty horrendous rain with the phone without issue. However if it's really wet I don't have it charging and as you'll find once the screen is wet it doesn't allow you to properly interface with wet hands.

If you have an iPhone 7 or later or most of the galaxy notes they are water proof/resistant. I've never used the poncho and been out in some pretty horrendous rain with the phone without issue. However if it's really wet I don't have it charging and as you'll find once the screen is wet it doesn't allow you to properly interface with wet hands.

Ah ok cheers. Its a S10

My S10 has put up with some full on monsoons without trouble. Got caught in a thunderstorm for 15km in Austria a few weeks ago and it was fine, and was charging at the time.

Just got the vibration dampener mount and am not impressed. Seems to be very wobbly. I'll go for a ride on Sat and see how it functions while riding but initial impression is that it will just cause the phone to wobble around.

My S10 has put up with some full on monsoons without trouble. Got caught in a thunderstorm for 15km in Austria a few weeks ago and it was fine, and was charging at the time.

Just got the vibration dampener mount and am not impressed. Seems to be very wobbly. I'll go for a ride on Sat and see how it functions while riding but initial impression is that it will just cause the phone to wobble around.

Let us know what its like as i wont be able to test mine for a while.

Ok, first ride today with the QL dampenenernernenrner. A bit weird to begin with, first time I hit a bump in the road my phone wobbled a bit, but to be fair my attention was on it. I used it as nav for about 60 miles and it was fine, it moves a bit more than I'd like, but when I needed to pull over and check something the movement wasn't an issue. While I think they could have done a better job than this, with less movement, in reality it seems fine if you just get on and use it as intended.

Back
Top Bottom