Getting a quote

g.s.john

Getting old aint fer pussies
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just got a Yamaha T7 at the moment it is a second bike getting quotes of £1000+ as No claims bonus is only recognized on one bike.
Any ideas?

I'll find out on Monday i'm with motorrad so i will see what it costs but you still get NCB on one bike.

what is the first bike? Is it cheaper to put the high value new bike on the old policy with NCB and then reinsure the older bike?

I have found 2 separate policies cheaper than a 2 bike policy. There again, each policy is around £100 full comp but would only be £300 each without an NCB as I don't live in Kent.

I'll find out on Monday i'm with motorrad so i will see what it costs but you still get NCB on one bike.

ah, this appeared whilst I was typing. Motorrad will fuck you off with a scabby Yamaha

I'm with Bennetts.

Yes, I know.

When I bought my 790 Duke to go with the GS, I contacted them about insuring a second bike. I would have no NCD on the second bike but, if I cancelled the current policy on the GS I could have a multi bike policy that gave me full NCD for both. They refunded the vast majority of the original premium, which still had 9 months to run and started a new policy.

Easy to deal with. Efficient. Reasonable cost and no extra fees for the policy changes. Nice one, Bennetts.

It looks as though that is the way to go but i'll see what motorrad say first.

It looks as though that is the way to go but i'll see what motorrad say first.

Motorrad, in the sense of the branded ‘Motorrad’ policy, as dealt with by the chimps at Devitt, probably won’t add a Yamaha (or any non-BMW bike) to the policy.

That used to be their policy i have had a different on my policy before.

Just got a Yamaha T7 at the moment it is a second bike getting quotes of £1000+ as No claims bonus is only recognized on one bike.
Any ideas?

As usual, it’s just a case of ringing around until you hit a price and level of cover (whether for two bikes on one policy or separate policies for each, possibly with different insurers and / or brokers) that suits you and your circumstances, not some other bod, who is not you and doesn’t live in your Kent postcode. There are few slam dunk shortcuts, if any.

Got it, via Carol Nash recognized full NCD legal cover personal accident and kit covered
£510.00.

Any ideas?

Got it, via Carol Nash recognized full NCD legal cover personal accident and kit covered
£510.00.

There you go. A bit of effort (there are no shortcuts, as everyone is different) through shopping around, results in a saving of £500 a year.

Some will swear that you were ripped-off (to use the usual and popular bikermate expression) when were charged £500 for a full year’s cover but they are not you, they do not live where you live and are not looking to insure their brand new Yamaha. Meanwhile, others will say that CN are the biggest shits on this Earth and yet some others love them. Funny old world.

PS Remember your five hundred pounds saving and don’t moan too hard if and when:

A. You get charged (ripped-off) £25 for two seconds work changing some detail or other.

B. Your premium (maybe) goes up next year and you have to go shopping around again.

There you go. A bit of effort (there are no shortcuts, as everyone is different) through shopping around, results in a saving of £500 a year.

Some will swear that you were ripped-off (to use the usual and popular bikermate expression) when were charged £500 for a full year’s cover but they are not you, they do not live where you live and are not looking to insure their brand new Yamaha. Meanwhile, others will say that CN are the biggest shits on this Earth and yet some others love them. Funny old world.

PS Remember your five hundred pounds saving and don’t moan too hard if and when:

A. You get charged (ripped-off) £25 for two seconds work changing some detail or other.

B. Your premium (maybe) goes up next year and you have to go shopping around again.

And yet less than 24 hours earlier you were advising him to spend the grand :nenau

And yet less than 24 hours earlier you were advising him to spend the grand :nenau

I was giving him a suitably tongue in cheek solution, UKGSer style. That being said, if it turned out to be the only quote he received, less than a pint of fine London Pride a day, shows how cheap even ‘expensive’ Motaaaah (as it is pronounced by its most common practitioners) really is and a bargain compared to a pack of 20 fags.

Back
Top Bottom