is this good value?

Sounds about right from a dealer.

If it were me I'd pay a little more for a newer and lower mileage version.

Likewise, 15 plate, with sub 10k miles should be another £500-1000, worth it IMHO.
A mate bought a 17 plate one owner Honda FSH and 7000 miles for £6500.

The CT is an excellent bike with a stunning engine and is exceptionally reliable. There are a number of CT’s on the Crosstourer forum that have exceeded over 100k trouble free miles and at least one that has gone past 300k reliable miles.
This sounds about right but I’d certainly check a few things.
The first is that it’s had the shaft recall work done which I think was needed on pre 15 plate bikes.
Also, make sure the rear shock adjuster works OK as they do tend to seize if not lubed regularly and also worth checking the rear hand brake.
You may already be aware the earlier zipped top box leaks like a sieve.
My first CT was a new 13 plater and was told at 7k that the front discs were starting to warp very slightly.
Don’t want to rain on your parade but if you don’t know it could end up costing you.

The CT is an excellent bike with a stunning engine and is exceptionally reliable. There are a number of CT’s on the Crosstourer forum that have exceeded over 100k trouble free miles and at least one that has gone past 300k reliable miles.
This sounds about right but I’d certainly check a few things.
The first is that it’s had the shaft recall work done which I think was needed on pre 15 plate bikes.
Also, make sure the rear shock adjuster works OK as they do tend to seize if not lubed regularly and also worth checking the rear hand brake.
You may already be aware the earlier zipped top box leaks like a sieve.
My first CT was a new 13 plater and was told at 7k that the front discs were starting to warp very slightly.
Don’t want to rain on your parade but if you don’t know it could end up costing you.

excellent thanks. just looking at the mo. I keep wanting a newer ike, but then ride the 1150r and i just love the drive in the 3/4 gear range!

Back
Top Bottom