North Wales accommodation for groups

Dirty Ming

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone any recommendations for hotels, pubs or B&B accommodation preferably in North Wales with parking that will cater for a group of 10 to 20 adults and do a dinner, bed and breakfast deal?

Putting those filters into Booking.com gives no options other than hostels which we don't want. I've tried a search but can't find anything specific.

We can plan routes depending on where we're based but have stayed at the Neuad Arms in Llantrwyd Wells for the last few years and fancy going further north next June. They did us a deal of £100 each for 2 nights DB&B. That's the sort of budget we're looking at. Normally go Fri to Sunday.

Must be someone on here who has either organised or been on a group trip in Wales...

Group of 5 of us stayed here last month Fri-Sun.

https://www.glanaberhotel.co.uk/

Don't write this place off because it says bunkhouse on the website. It also has plenty of proper hotel rooms. In Betsw-y-Coed so lots of choices for eating but the hotel bar and food is more than good enough for a bike trip. Breakfast is superb. Big carpark out the back and lots of great roads locally to choose from.

When you say 10-20 adults, how many rooms do you need?

When you say 10-20 adults, how many rooms do you need?

This year there were 11 of us. 2 couples had doubles, 2 of us cheapskates shared a twin and the rest were singles I think.

and where does the north start? I know the Neuadd Arms as I stayed there in 2018, so know the type of slightly worn establishment you require. They did have good beer and nice food.

Do you want to be north of the A44 or actually in Snowdonia?

I was part of a party of about 30 (inc children) who stayed at Walcott Hall over new year some time ago; we did our own breakfasts and contracted a local catering company to come in each evening and feed the adults. The drive is a mile long with a pub at the front gate, didn’t get much further.

Doesn't have to be actually in Snowdonia but we would like to do some of the roads in the National Park and above and beyond.

We've done most of South and Mid Wales over the last few years so fancy a change. We're all based in Devon so don't really want more than about a 3 or 4 hour trip to get somewhere to stay. The guys just want a bar and restaurant and ideally on site parking - not worried if there's nothing else going on nearby or if it's a ghost town

Yeah, found someone on good 'ol Facebook that is an independent travel advisor so she did all the work. Got all the rooms booked so capacity is 14, which is plenty.

The place is https://www.dolforwyn.com/

Far enough up Wales to give us a springboard into Snowdonia and beyond.

No, I've got a caravan in Bala so I ride past it all the time. Good offroad parking and just outside Bala and the Snowdonia National Park.

A group of us from the Boxertrix forum have stayed at the Lion Hotel in Criccieth, it is on the Lleyn peninsular, if all goes to plan a return visit is booked for early May next year. Also used the Wild Pheasant in Llangollen, a bit more expensive but the spa pool is nice to soothe away post ride aches😀

Al.

Back
Top Bottom