The A838

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
From Lairg to Laxford Bridge. What a truly stunning road! :bow Absolutely beautiful scenery ALL the way. :thumb2
Think it’s my new favourite road now. I enjoyed it that much I’ve parked myself up in Kinlochbervie and got the 390 Duke out to go have another go! :thumb2

From Lairg to Laxford Bridge. What a truly stunning road! :bow Absolutely beautiful scenery ALL the way. :thumb2
Think it’s my new favourite road now. I enjoyed it that much I’ve parked myself up in Kinlochbervie and got the 390 Duke out to go have another go! :thumb2

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sshhhh... what're you on about these lesser known roads are shit and should be avoided. STAY ON THE NC500 at all costs

Thanks for the heads up, some nice single carriageway bits on Google earth.
I might give it a gentle reccy in my camper next time I’m up there :D :D :D :p

And, i'll be up there with the caravan asap. i'll give it a go. Thank's for posting :thumb2

You've ridden that one Brian and the A 836.

It is a brilliant bit of road but if you get chance go try my favourite which is the A816 south from Oban

Actually you make a fair and valid point.

Road surfaces in Scotland have gone to shite and the traffic is just terrible

Wales is better

Right up until the Wales bit you had me.

There is absolutely no doubt over the years the roads have gone to shite and incredibly much busier than days gone by.

I remember when Glencoe was only busy with traffic in July and August, it's fecking heaving every month now. :(

Shite road surfaces. That's why we all ride GSs and adventure style bikes.

Shite road surfaces. That's why we all ride GSs and adventure style bikes.

Small price to pay for such beautiful scenery. :bow And when this Covid shit sorts itself out next year hopefully it’ll be a lot quieter too. :thumb2

Lovely scenery on a single track road but nowhere open for a coffee when I rode it in August.

Take a flask, a mini burner, a frying pan, bacon and some pre buttered rolls! :D

It's not the same without a bacon roll!

Take a camp stove, pan, roll, butter, bacon, black pepper.....

....ooh and midgie net, tarp, groundsheet, umbrella etc. to cope with the permanently shite weather and native blood suckers.

Back
Top Bottom