KTM 890 Adventure R Rally

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just launched in Austria.
JohnnyBoxer has ordered one :aidan

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=476&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSamSunderland83%2Fvideos%2F4577228305684226%2F&show_text=false&width=380" width="380" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Just launched in Austria.
JohnnyBoxer has ordered one :aidan

Not for me

It’ll breakdown too much

Not a fan of KTM’s so predictable marketing

Launch and price it high RRP and then after 6-9 months sales falter - discount it by £2-4K and kick the nuts out of the early adopters

V happy with my T700 and it looks far better than the 790/890 anyway

Why do KTM make them so butt ugly now- when they created a design masterpiece in the 950/990 Adventure

Not for me

It’ll breakdown too much

Not a fan of KTM’s so predictable marketing

Launch and price it high RRP and then after 6-9 months sales falter - discount it by £2-4K and kick the nuts out of the early adopters

V happy with my T700 and it looks far better than the 790/890 anyway

Why do KTM make them so butt ugly now- when they created a design masterpiece in the 950/990 Adventure

I agree.You’re much better off with the perfect-out-of-the-box T700, once you sort the tyres, seat, screen, suspension and fuelling :)

Meanwhile:

bf79b339066de97a181d1aec15cb3555.jpg

All bikes need seat/screen to suit the rider.................how's the la Perla on the RKS (if the Harley seat was so good, why did you change it)

Bit like you calling the 'pot and kettle', non of your bikes are stock either

Fuelling on my T7 is spot on

Suspension - most bikes need re springing for a few hundred, again to suit the rider

T7 suspension is fine for me, but I know it can be better - so will spend a bit on getting it purrfect for me, as I like the bike a lot

All bikes need seat/screen to suit the rider.................how's the la Perla on the RKS (if the Harley seat was so good, why did you change it)

Bit like you calling the 'pot and kettle', non of your bikes are stock either

Fuelling on my T7 is spot on

Suspension - most bikes need re springing for a few hundred, again to suit the rider

T7 suspension is fine for me, but I know it can be better - so will spend a bit on getting it purrfect for me, as I like the bike a lot

Stock HD seat very comfy. Only bought Le Pera as it sits me back 2 inches so riding position more roomy.
And I disagree about all bikes needing to have a different screen.
Haven’t changed a screen on a bike for years.Can’t see the continuing quest on here to find a screen that sits you in a bubble of calm.It’s a bike FFS !
Just look at those who fuck up the look of their bike by fitting those stupid extra screen spoilers etc which makes their awesome steed look like something out of a double glazing firm’s front window....oh hang on.... :)

Stock HD seat very comfy. Only bought Le Pera as it sits me back 2 inches so riding position more roomy.
And I disagree about all bikes needing to have a different screen.
Haven’t changed a screen on a bike for years.

Can’t see the continuing quest on here to find a screen that sits you in a bubble of calm.

It’s a bike FFS ! I know, dummy

Just look at those who fuck up the look of their bike by fitting those stupid extra screen spoilers etc which makes their awesome steed look like something out of a double glazing firm’s front window....oh hang on.... :)

But looks are your nirvana, because you're so vain

The right hotel view, the right bike, the right bike gear (no bargain bucket gloves for you), the most expensive bike accessories................the rest of us prefer function over looks, even if we made it in the shed at home out of hardboard

There you go, fixed it

BTW - here’s a pic of my £50 screen spoiler to wet yourself over, laughing at me

8d99dc3e07315de6ea1f801779bbb56d.jpg

Goad me like you did to Nutty, it won't work here pal

He's already asked on the T7 facebook page who's swapping their Tenere for one.

Utter bullshit. I’m not on any T7 Facebook page !!!!
Pleases stop with the fabrications.It makes you look even more stupid than usual.

JB,
Would you be happier if I had the wrong bike and wore £20 gloves that leaked ?
Why would it bother you if someone is prepared to buy good kit that works ?
You do spout some shite !! :)

FWIW the 790/890 is pig ugly.

I notice that the technical specs don’t mention weight which suggests to me that it’s not going to be a lightweight and I’d guess at about 180kg.

Yes, I’m obsessed by the idea that modern adventure bikes are too heavy but picking up 180kg of bike plus luggage isn’t fun.

I notice that the technical specs don’t mention weight which suggests to me that it’s not going to be a lightweight and I’d guess at about 180kg.

Yes, I’m obsessed by the idea that modern adventure bikes are too heavy but picking up 180kg of bike plus luggage isn’t fun.

The paper review above says it 7kg heavier than the old one.....

Very nice, its go 9bhp more, but its also 7kg heavier. I was going to buy a 790 ADV R, great bike, as the say, it was “Ready to Race” and felt taut, quick and relatively light. Was all up for one after the test ride, but after looking into the long term ownership cost, I stumbled across all the reliability issues, like breaking frames, cooking shocks, oil leaks, dodgy instruments etc, obviously most bikes aren’t having these issues depending on usage, but there were too many potential issues which put me off.

You’d like to think KTM have rectified all these issues with the 890, but my guess is adding an extra 9bhp without addressing the “ugly duckling” looks wont be enough to stop most sales going to the Husqvarna Norden 901 when its released (unless it’s priced significantly more then the 890).

I mean, just look at them.........

Attachments

• 7318BC84-68F1-462A-92F0-C1002B064670.jpeg
    7318BC84-68F1-462A-92F0-C1002B064670.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 303
Versus this.........
Even though its basically a 890 ADV R underneath.

Attachments

• 33EA51FA-2646-41AC-B07B-D309387CB323.jpg
    33EA51FA-2646-41AC-B07B-D309387CB323.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 350
Versus this.........
Even though its basically a 890 ADV R underneath.

That's the one I'm waiting for :thumb2 However, if it follows their usual pricing structure it'll be a bit more expensive than the KTM so I'm not expecting it to be cheap...will it be VFM, dunno :nenau I suppose that depends if you buy with your head or your heart; head might say T7, heart definitely says Norden.

I always buy with my heart, life's too short for anything else :D

Andres

If Husqvarna follow their normal trend it’ll be slightly more expensive but it’ll have a few bits and pieces as standard that you’d pay extra for on the KTM but it is the premium brand of the stable :D

Let's hope the 890 has a decent clutch........

Back
Top Bottom