1200 GS speedo lamp replacement ?

Ianak

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
can anyone please tell me where / how to find the speedo lamp on a 1200 GS to replace it please before I have the whole front end in bits on the floor I have the screen off and the headlamp unit loose but still cant locate it I also cant find anything on here or on the tube

The speedo is illuiminated by LED's mounted on a circuit board inside it. So are all the other tell tale and illumination lights.

To renew the Kombi unit with new it's about £800 give or take then it needs sorting with the diagnostic equipment so best take it apart and see what you can do with it, it's what i'd do :thumb2

it may be the daylight sensor

Are you trying to see the light in daylight??

If its anyway bright it will be autodimmed by the sensor

it may be the daylight sensor

Are you trying to see the light in daylight??

If its anyway bright it will be autodimmed by the sensor
Interesting. I was totally unaware it had this sensor! You learn something in here every day, almost

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

thanks for your interest and help the lamp is not working so at night I cant read the speedo all other lights are working the rev counter light is also working ok

maybe I can drill a small hole and insert a 3mm red led and power it from the side light or a length of fibre optic cable to the side light which I've used before

thanks for your interest and help the lamp is not working so at night I cant read the speedo all other lights are working the rev counter light is also working ok

maybe I can drill a small hole and insert a 3mm red led and power it from the side light or a length of fibre optic cable to the side light which I've used before

The Kombi unit can get water into it which causes corrosion damaging the tracks which can be repaired if you open the unit up and reveal the damaged (?) tracks.
It may well be an LED that has failed in which case you could probably replace it and keep the set up standard.

This gives you the idea;

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KDxC4X-8niE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom