TFT / Cardo / iPhone Playlists - Pulling my hair out!

MatthewH

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Like many, im struggling with the bloody TFT et al.

Firstly, the devices - Nav 6; Cardo PackTalk Bold; TFT; iPhone 11.

What I'm trying to achieve...

1. Make and receive phone calls from the TFT - Working
  2. Hear nav prompts from Nav6, through my intercom - Working
  3. Browse Artists, Albums and Songs on my iPhone, via the TFT - Working
  4. Access Playlists on my iPhone - NOT WORKING. The playlist names are listed on the TFT, but contain no songs. I've tried to re-pair and am met with a menu prompt of "Updating Playlists", but the TFT goes no further and the update never seems to complete.
  5. 'Hey Cardo' or 'Hey Siri' functionality - NOT WORKING

Device pairing order...

1. All devices are reset and devices 'forgotten'
  2. TFT is paired to my Cardo on Bluetooth channel 1
  3. Nav6 is paired to Cardo on Bluetooth channel 2
  4. TFT is paired to my iPhone, as a 'Mobile Phone' device in the TFT connections menu. Connections, bookmarks etc are shared.
  5. Nav 6 is paired to my iPhone. Connections, bookmarks etc are NOT shared. 'Phone Calls' within the device menu, in Bluetooth, on the Nav6, are disabled.

At this point I've pretty much exhausted my knowledge on this and the usual stuff on YouTube. Is anyone out there able to comment on whether what i'm trying to achieve is technically possible? And has first hand experience to point me in the right direction?

Thanks all

What are you using for your music? Apple Music? Spotify?

I had similar when using Spotify, empty playlists, but it's fine using Apple Music.

Also, now humour me on this one, I've reported this to Cardo as a bug. Try hooking up the cardo app to the phone and testing everything there, BUT on an iPhone, try "Ok Google"

On my 11 Pro Max, same setup as you, OK Google kicks off the "Voice assistant" which on an iPhone is Siri. Yes Hey Siri is supposed to work, but it seems to fail if the app has lost connection.

My pairing setup is as follows

Cardo - Mobile Phone 1 = iPhone
Cardo Mobile phone 2 = TFT
Nav 6 = Cardo GPS Channel (Go to pairing mobile phone 2, then slide the roller forward to put it in GPS pairing mode)

Mine works very well now, but every now and again, I have to shout OK Google, at my iPhone, and sometimes speak with an American accent for "Hey Cardo"

What TFT version are you running? I haven't used mine for this specific scenario but I have been suffering the TFT losing it's pairings which is pretty fundamental. I was updated to the 022_005_041 as it had specific fixed for "telematics" which loosely translated is connectivity but I've been told there is a further update specifically related to my problem and also iPhones specifically so might be worth a call to the dealer.

I had similar when using Spotify, empty playlists, but it's fine using Apple Music.

Also, now humour me on this one, I've reported this to Cardo as a bug. Try hooking up the cardo app to the phone and testing everything there, BUT on an iPhone, try "Ok Google"

On my 11 Pro Max, same setup as you, OK Google kicks off the "Voice assistant" which on an iPhone is Siri. Yes Hey Siri is supposed to work, but it seems to fail if the app has lost connection.

Nav 6 = Cardo GPS Channel (Go to pairing mobile phone 2, then slide the roller forward to put it in GPS pairing mode)

Mine works very well now, but every now and again, I have to shout OK Google, at my iPhone, and sometimes speak with an American accent for "Hey Cardo"

Hi I'm using Apple Music.

I'll give the pairing order a try; I hadn't appreciated that there were two BT channels plus a GPS one. Thanks

I can’t see where you have your Cardo paired to your phone. Also the Nav 6 should not be on a phone channel, there is a dedicated GPS channel for it.

What TFT version are you running? I haven't used mine for this specific scenario but I have been suffering the TFT losing it's pairings which is pretty fundamental. I was updated to the 022_005_041 as it had specific fixed for "telematics" which loosely translated is connectivity but I've been told there is a further update specifically related to my problem and also iPhones specifically so might be worth a call to the dealer.

v021_004_040

I do also have the connection drop issue and have raised with the dealer.....

v021_004_040

I do also have the connection drop issue and have raised with the dealer.....

022_005_041 definitely improves it but they told me about a new update literally updated in the last few days to specifically fix the pairings loss issue.

I'm using Cardo Freecom 4+ and have my iPhone XS paired with my Nav6 and TFT on my R1250GS Exclusive TE and it all works pretty well - I can pick up my Spotify all ok (not sure about play lists, haven't tried that yet) also connected to my mates and wife@s Cardo ok. Just fyi, I am running the latest software (took 3 hours to be updated when bike was serviced recently).

Having said that "Hey Cardo" doesn't work - then again I'm not bothered as I'm not that impressed with how it works anyway, damn thing seems to get confused if you try to use it without being connected to everything else.

Once thing I did find in the beginning (before I started all the pairing with the BMW technology) was that Cardo reacts different depending on how it is set up in the first place. Having problems with getting the Cardo / Nav6 to talk to each other (even though paired) I actually read the Cardo manual, and (from memory) found that you had to pair your phone with Cardo before pairing your Sat-Nav. No idea why, but when nothing seemed to work, I cancelled all connections everywhere, yanked out the manuals and started from scratch again, and now it all seems to work ok (at least for what I need). The only times it seems to lose the pairings is if the ignition is switched on/off a few times when neither my phone and/or the sat nav is not around the bike, OR I don't give the bike enough time to complete its checks before switching it off.

Thanks - can you explain further please? The Cardo only has two channels to my knowledge, so how are you achieving three active connections?

Maybe , ride your bike , concentrate on the road ahead , then when you get home , use the Sonos to play music , sorry but my take on this is , music , phone calls are a distraction from the one thing that will kill you (a bike) do that shit in a car . Apologies but it’s a bug bear of mine 👍

Maybe , ride your bike , concentrate on the road ahead , then when you get home , use the Sonos to play music , sorry but my take on this is , music , phone calls are a distraction from the one thing that will kill you (a bike) do that shit in a car . Apologies but it’s a bug bear of mine

No need to apologise, but also don’t be offended when I ignore you

If you do happen to know the solution though I’m all ears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My setup before was working fine until I changed from iPhone 7 to iPhone 11 pro now totally crap. So now I have had to separate everything.
The difference between the phones is that the iphone7 BLUETOOTH is V4 and the 11 is V5. The problem is I spent £1000 on the ip11 so not using it is a waste so by using the two sort of helps if you understand what I mean , just had to get a£5/ month cheap sim to run it.
1, iphone 7 to tft and tft to Cardo mobile channel 1
2, Iphone 11 to nav 6.
3, Nav6 to cardo mobile channel 2 GPS
I can make a call from the tft using the iphone7 and receive a call using the Nav6 and iPhone 11. I suppose I could just use the iPhone 7 whilst using the bike but then it's remembering to cancel the call divert. :mad:

Just asking..
Why dont you get rid of the iphone 11 and sat nav and use the bmw app for the satnav on the iphone 7 - its really good and 1 or 2 things less to carry/ connect.

Thanks - can you explain further please? The Cardo only has two channels to my knowledge, so how are you achieving three active connections?

Watch this video from 4:50 in and it's shown / explained.

There is a dedicated GPS Channel, I mentioned it above, Select 2nd mobile phone pairing, then move the volume roller and it will select GPS pairing.

You can actually pair it with 2 Bluetooth devices, and 2 GPS Channels. The reason for pairing it to the phone, is to gain access to the voice assistant, (Hey Siri etc) or it won't work.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HS9FQl9BMuM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey OP, You live in Warrington?, I live in Warrington, Great Sankey.

Come round, I'll help you out and get it all paired up. I live 5 mins from IKEA / M&S

Watch this video from 4:50 in and it's shown / explained.

There is a dedicated GPS Channel, I mentioned it above, Select 2nd mobile phone pairing, then move the volume roller and it will select GPS pairing.

You can actually pair it with 2 Bluetooth devices, and 2 GPS Channels. The reason for pairing it to the phone, is to gain access to the voice assistant, (Hey Siri etc) or it won't work.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HS9FQl9BMuM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I’ll give that a go !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom