Found a “booster plug”

plrb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What this do mister? Just swapping out a perfectly good air filter for a K&N ( yes I know, but it has to be done!) and on air filter cover there is a sliced in box with booster plug above the air sensor.
Any clues anyone? Be kind
I would attach pic if I could remember how

Definately not a service port / diagnostic plug

Attachments

• 8F89074C-BB9A-4A71-B69D-6B4562357711.jpg
    8F89074C-BB9A-4A71-B69D-6B4562357711.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 276
Based on the writing shown in the photo I would guess that this is a Booster Plug.
Fits in to fool the systems air temp monitor and so richen the mixture all through the range - or something like that.
May well help low speed running on your mighty steed.
Or not.
:rob

Depends if the bike has a Lambda sensor. If it hasn't, the bike will run 'open loop' all the time then the temp spoofer may help - if the bike has a Lambda it the ECU apparently learns out your meddling :blast. I have an adjustable one on my (non Lambda) 1100 running at -10 (ie it fools the ECU into thinking it's 10 degrees cooler than it actually is, so the ECU gives a bit more fuel, richening up the mixture) which gives a lovely smooth feel to the engine, and helps with the surging even before you've done all the things to set the engine up properly.

AFXIED ones will get round the 'learning' thing though.

remove it . i take these off of the bikes i work on , they do not work well . people never notice they have been removed.

I take it you remove these with owners permission?

Mine was removed/damaged without my consent and yes, together with other mods, it made a difference.

Back
Top Bottom