R100gs nicked tonight

My friend had two bikes nicked the other week from his garage in Sheffield. Found one in this street in Aston
6035f0fd3fc58dad56c958a63077cd2e.jpg

along with 1/2 dozen others . Apparently a few heading in that direction may be worth a look around.
Lovetot Avenue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been following a few tip offs all day but when I get to these places and look around the bike could be anywhere so still like trying to find a needle in a dozen haystacks. The police MUST know of all these places but do they do policing and chase them up? Went up to a gypsy/traveller camp today where I'd heard several nicked bikes had been found, lots of old vans and lock ups, the bike could have been in any one of these but I don't think I would have come out alive if I had started trying to get in or even looked through the windows!

Very much obliged for everyone's comments/input and goodwill but I think I'm about done, don't expect to see the bike again.
Cheers John

Been following a few tip offs all day but when I get to these places and look around the bike could be anywhere so still like trying to find a needle in a dozen haystacks. The police MUST know of all these places but do they do policing and chase them up? Went up to a gypsy/traveller camp today where I'd heard several nicked bikes had been found, lots of old vans and lock ups, the bike could have been in any one of these but I don't think I would have come out alive if I had started trying to get in or even looked through the windows!

Very much obliged for everyone's comments/input and goodwill but I think I'm about done, don't expect to see the bike again.
Cheers John

Do you know anyone with a drone who would be willing to fly over the gypsy site for you. If it’s there, it’s probably not concealed.

Do you know anyone with a drone who would be willing to fly over the gypsy site for you. If it’s there, it’s probably not concealed.

Walked round the gypsy site and was approached by a very large chap with a strange accent who asked what I was looking for. I said that I was just interested in the site and tried to engage conversation but he just grunted something and went into his van. This place has families living there, kids running around and people just getting on with their lives. Like any other community, what right or reason do I have for searching their property for my nicked bike. Tip offs may come with discrimination a lot of the time. Felt bad about myself after.

Personally,
I don’t think scrotes took your bike.
It’s got value,
You regularly park it in the same place.
It’s not something chavs will rip round on.
Hope I’m wrong but it’s gone ,it’ll be broken up for parts.
I sincerely hope you get a reasonable payout on the insurance and can replace it with another.
:comfort

Personally,
It’s got value,
I sincerely hope you get a reasonable payout on the insurance and can replace it with another.
I've come to that conclusion as well Mike. Heavy bike a gs especially when loading in a van, any one not familiar with the handling and ripping around some estate on will come a cropper, not that easy to pick up too. Parked the bike there in the same spot for maybe 17 years, stupid me really should have known better. On the pint half full side, been riding along time now and only had one bike nicked!!

Personally,
It’s got value,

You're probably right Mikey ... leaving a motorcycle in the same spot on a regular basis is one of the biggest opportunities to professional thieves!

Totally agree but it took them 17 years to latch on.

On second thoughts, I'm not so sure. Obviously NOW totally see the reasoning behind this but the night my bike got nicked was the first night that I had been to my mates for a couple of months and before that maybe only a few times this year due to covid, and not always on the same night.
A guy on the same road had is biked stolen from his internal garage, it was chained and anchored down, they ground through this when all the family were asleep, his daughter in the room above the garage. They entered by bending the garage door upwards from the middle as his van was parked directly in front. This was a semi-detached house, no one heard them. I found this out when knocking on doors about my bike. This was obviously planned but to go to so much trouble for a £3500 honda trail bike. Nicked to order maybe? The only 100% way of preventing this is to not own a bike.....then they will nick your car!
This is Fulwood, a leafy middle class suburb of Sheffield. My wife is from Shiregreen, if you know Sheffield even 40 years ago I wouldn't leave my bike outside her parents house overnight if I wanted to ride it the next day!
All I can say is that the GS has given me years of pleasure and even if I never see it again I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe the end!! :headbat

On second thoughts, I'm not so sure. Obviously NOW totally see the reasoning behind this but the night my bike got nicked was the first night that I had been to my mates for a couple of months and before that maybe only a few times this year due to covid, and not always on the same night.
A guy on the same road had is biked stolen from his internal garage, it was chained and anchored down, they ground through this when all the family were asleep, his daughter in the room above the garage. They entered by bending the garage door upwards from the middle as his van was parked directly in front. This was a semi-detached house, no one heard them. I found this out when knocking on doors about my bike. This was obviously planned but to go to so much trouble for a £3500 honda trail bike. Nicked to order maybe? The only 100% way of preventing this is to not own a bike.....then they will nick your car!
This is Fulwood, a leafy middle class suburb of Sheffield. My wife is from Shiregreen, if you know Sheffield even 40 years ago I wouldn't leave my bike outside her parents house overnight if I wanted to ride it the next day!
All I can say is that the GS has given me years of pleasure and even if I never see it again I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe the end!! :headbat

Who sung that? getting a bit naff now, must drink more.

Whilst Airhead GS’s do have value I’m not sure they would be of interest to pro thieves but, then again, there probably isn’t much worth nicking sitting out on the street these days.

Really sickening that scrotes will nick whatever and probably never be brought to task. Hope your insurance company settle quickly & fairly.
What about a project and a trip away?

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/...-e053-0100007f30bd?cldtidx=6&cldtsrc=listPage
https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...searchId=3acbeba9-436b-3b7d-8300-52734e9dc131
https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/motorcycle/listing/bmw/r-100-gs/1992/176977

Thanks Rob, would really fancy that at the moment, the trip and ride back would be great to clear my head but unfortunately current issues put that on hold. Thanks anyway

Sorry but i have to ask

Did it have a disc lock or chain etc while outside your friends?

Feel for your loss. Some one once said "you have to feel lows to appreciate highs". When you are grieving, and you are after owning the same bike for 17 years that quote feel like utter bollo*

Sorry but i have to ask

Did it have a disc lock or chain etc while outside your friends?

Feel for your loss. Some one once said "you have to feel lows to appreciate highs". When you are grieving, and you are after owning the same bike for 17 years that quote feel like utter bollo*

oxford shackle, according to you-tube seconds with a portable grinder/cutter or even pick..pointless nowadays, must have taken it with them, no one heard a thing either-not surprising. Get a real low every time I go in the garage now! Missing an old friend. Just finished servicing her for this year, new fork oil, gearbox, mot,etc,etc and just to rub it in got a tank of petrol, put the corbin on...... Bastard

oxford shackle, according to you-tube seconds with a portable grinder/cutter or even pick..pointless nowadays, must have taken it with them, no one heard a thing either-not surprising. Get a real low every time I go in the garage now! Missing an old friend. Just finished servicing her for this year, new fork oil, gearbox, mot,etc,etc and just to rub it in got a tank of petrol, put the corbin on...... Bastard

I feel for you. In terms of security no one would have done more. They came prepared...

Personally,
It’s got value,

I’m with Mikeyboy on this. I spent a lot of my working life in Sheffield and there was usually at least one well organised gang working in and around Sheffield and Rotherham. Bikes were dismantled, rung, sold on to unscrupulous dealers, usually in the Midlands, or in later years shifted in bulk in containers. To some extent it went out of fashion but it never went away. Sadly parking a bike in plain view regularly is a risk I wouldn’t take unless it’s painted orange:p

I’m with Mikeyboy on this. I spent a lot of my working life in Sheffield and there was usually at least one well organised gang working in and around Sheffield and Rotherham. Bikes were dismantled, rung, sold on to unscrupulous dealers, usually in the Midlands, or in later years shifted in bulk in containers. To some extent it went out of fashion but it never went away. Sadly parking a bike in plain view regularly is a risk I wouldn’t take unless it’s painted orange:p

Yep, beginning to think that it was my fault that someone stole my bike. What's the point :confused:
Shame the high risk covid for Sheffield didn't come last week, couldn't have visited then and would still have me bike.....maybe :(

Back
Top Bottom