R100gs nicked tonight

scarf100gs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Extremely distraught right now as my faithful gs as been stolen.
So, on Friday I usually drive over to my mates for a beer and a curry, bike parked on the road outside. Always look foreword to the late run home, he lives in Fulwood,Sheffield and me in the Peak district so a nice 25 mls run home over the tops, whatever the weather, been doing this for years. Tonight, came out about 11.30 as usual and no bike!! Thought at first that I must have parked elsewhere but no, the bike had gone. Knocked on a few neighbours doors but no one had heard a thing, searched the area but it had gone. BASTARD
My bumble beemer is a '92 R100gs, reg J607MNL in pristine condition should anyone spot it ,etc.
This bike is/was a major part of my existence and at 63 and recently retired was planning great things.

4 in the morning now and most of a bottle of malt down...........

Sorry to read this :mad: maybe pushed it away, might still be local, worth a look round, ... bastards:mad:

So sorry to hear this, losing any bike is bad news but a cherished older bike is awful. I had exactly the same bike for many years, I hope you get it back soon.

Sorry for that. Some scrotes spotted the pattern.
Neighbours might have some video, cameras everywhere these days.

Sorry to hear this :(

Was it a busy residential area, someone on their way home from the pub doing it for what seemed like a laugh at the time.

Search the streets, alleyways etc hopefully it will be local somewhere.

Ask your mate to go up and down the street morning looking for neighbours with CCTV , somebody might have them on camera . As suggested get back there in daylight and scour all back alleys , waste ground etc you might just find it dumped fairly close by.

Shocking.

It has got to be worth searching the area thoroughly. Also worth asking by knocking on doors 50-100 yards away. Transit pickup/van parked down the road, wheel bike to van silently, push/lift into transport. That would explain the neighbours not noticing it, but just a few houses away might have.

There is a group based in and around Sheffield that work with the Police and have been quite successful in recovering stolen bikes and that has led to prosecutions. Chap called Keith is heavily involved with it - runs on Facebook. I know, so many people hate the idea of faecesbook they aren't on t, I actually find it extremely good for work, so I do use it. If you PM me, or post here for others to see as well, any details I will put them around the bike sites on faecesbook and get Keith to contact you.

This is the kind of time where the bike community pulls together, the traditional bike commuity that is, not the low life, excuse for a bike community that seems to exist now. :thumby:

This is only a guess but as its Sheffield it will be scrotes rather than pro bike thieves
It will be being razed around some of the less salubrious estates as we speak and the coppers dare not go to look

Whereabouts in Fulwood, street name? I'm out later in that area and can have a wander around just in case.

I had one about 12 years ago. Can feel your pain. I sold mine to a fellow tosser. JJH

Thanks for all your comments and support, they really are appreciated.
Strange, feeling bereft today as if I have lost someone close, close to tears........pull yourself together man, it's only a motorbike but had some very good times over the years, be very difficult to replace that bike....there's only one bumble beemer

Tinytim, the bike was on Brooklands Crescent, as you go down the main road past the shops it is the first on the left that goes down to the park which leads to Forge Dam. Had a good look round in the dark last night and probably go back today to ask around. A neighbour who my mate knows across the road was out and said he has a cctv camera and will check it today. Trying to contact the insurance this morning but no answer yet, had it down for £6000, worth much more to me but I expect some derisory offer.
King Rat, will get some pics,etc out later
Thanks again lads

I could quite easily wish all sorts of horrible deaths (punctuated with expletives) upon these people, but rather my thoughts be with you, and know good will always prevail over evil.

The good times will roll again, in a months time this will be just like a bad dream, chin up mate..:thumby:

Some details,

BMW R100 GS, Black/Yellow (bumble)
First Reg' 07 06 1993
Frame No. WB1048300N6466933
Engine No. 26920277
Mileage, approx 20500 km, extremely low for age.

pics are a few years old but condition the same

The bike was originally purchased in Germany so has km speedo and note the rear side mudguard reflectors. It had no front light guard, had almost new michelin annakees, a black leather corbin seat was on, pivot pegs on adjustable hangers, Hagon rear shock with black spring (original yellow), original tools, gel battery, new front brake hoses. I had removed the bash guard for recent oil change. The left hand crash bar had a distinguishable flat (painted) due to a slide. Off side pannier only was on.
Not really seen a better bumble beemer :blast
Hope one of you may come across this but fear it will be broken.

Thanks for your help, especially Tiny Tim who I have never talked to/met but has searched the area-if nowt else some folk have given me hope in these hard times, Cheers John

Attachments

• 100_1124 (1) (1).JPG
    100_1124 (1) (1).JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 692
  • 100_1133 (1).jpg
    100_1133 (1).jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 709
  • 100_1126.jpg
    100_1126.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 708
I hope you get some luck. Not that it helps to get your bike back, but that rear mudguard is quite distinctive and might help identify the scrotes, if it appears for sale anywhere.

The local search is a good idea. Keep looking!

As Rick says, at that time and place, it'll be scrotes in all probability. Hopefully it will turn up.

I feel your pain and your loss ...

... the bastards!

F*****S.... Always a long shot but worth a try is going to any local shops etc and seeing if they have cctv. Police cannot usually be bothered but someone somewhere may have caught a van driving by between the times it was taken...

Are the gates unlocked to Forge Dam Park that late at night?
Do you know any local divers?...... I guess you know where I'm going with this one :(

Back
Top Bottom