Portsoy 10 to 12 September 2021

Going the long, wrong way lol

Trust me you'll be dead by Dent ;) its a long haul ;)

I trided Strontian in one go, Almost never made it , it was a very long way to go for a BBQ lol ( but bloody worth it)

Easier way & route (and i'm on the south coast too)

M27, A34 ,M40/42, M6 - Dent - I stay overnight here, it breaks the trip up

then M6, A74m ,M73,M80, A90 A96 Posrtsoy In one hit 10:50

in 2 hits 5:50 per hit

Lot of big boring roads there, one alternative after Dent would be to meander through the Borders, head for Blairgowrie then smaller roads to Portsoy over the Lecht. Plenty choices.

There's only one pub on the harbour Stu .... difficult to do a pub crawl :D

:beerjug:

On the upside it should be easy to find.:D:beerjug:

(Interesting, the pub flies the Azerbaijan flag).

Attachments

• i-xdR9QZs-L.jpg
    i-xdR9QZs-L.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 453
That's the Misano MotoGP weekend which I always go to.

The 17th would have been great for me so, sorry, I won't make it Alastair.

Have a great time.

Lot of big boring roads there, one alternative after Dent would be to meander through the Borders, head for Blairgowrie then smaller roads to Portsoy over the Lecht. Plenty choices.

Yes your right, but large distances and limited time mean i have to do whats best for me. i'll certainly have a look and consider those :thumb

Yes your right, but large distances and limited time mean i have to do whats best for me. i'll certainly have a look and consider those :thumb

Absolutely. An alternative that is perhaps quicker but a lot nicer than A90 and A96 would be A9 to Aviemore then Grantown, Keith, Portsoy

Plenty time to decide!

This might give some ideas to folk
https://www.northeast250.com/

That's the Misano MotoGP weekend which I always go to.

The 17th would have been great for me so, sorry, I won't make it Alastair.

Have a great time.

Sorry about that, the Brownies beat us

That's me and Chocky booked in. Just spoken to Ian .... sorted :thumb

I'll be up Scotland on my four/five week tour in any case, and will probably be at Portsoy Wednesday 8th. Well in fact not 'probably' ... 'cos I've booked it :D

Going the long, wrong way lol

Trust me you'll be dead by Dent ;) its a long haul ;)

I trided Strontian in one go, Almost never made it , it was a very long way to go for a BBQ lol ( but bloody worth it)

Easier way & route (and i'm on the south coast too)

M27, A34 ,M40/42, M6 - Dent - I stay overnight here, it breaks the trip up

then M6, A74m ,M73,M80, A90 A96 Posrtsoy In one hit 10:50

in 2 hits 5:50 per hit

Peel off the M74 at Moffat and take the 701 (you won't regret it) then take the Edinburgh bypass, over the bridge and head for Perth then take the A93 for Glenshee/Braemar, again, you won't regret it. After that peel off at Crathie for the B976 Cock Bridge to Tomintoul then on to Grantown on Spey, sorted.

Camping or back in the hostel?

Given my previous comment re dressing up as Brownies, it really should be camping! :D Dunno though. It's too early to book the hostel but I'll probably go for the comfort option when it's available.

Given my previous comment re dressing up as Brownies, it really should be camping! :D Dunno though. It's too early to book the hostel but I'll probably go for the comfort option when it's available.

If you phone Ian at the site you can book the hostel, it's showing as blocked online as he's not letting anyone else book until nearer the time (if we dont fill it).

Back
Top Bottom