Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsoy 10 to 12 September 2021

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa-2512 View Post
    JUst got back, and packed away

Brilliant weekend

Nice to meet some old faces, and put names to new ones,

Wrinkyowlie?& Uturn, I thought you'd gone for a ride out on the the Sunday, not left town lol

Bazman, yes my tyres were down by .1 bar. but one they had warmed up they were fine

Thanks to all who did the catering and arranging. Given the challenging weather conditions, you played a blinder

Had a cracking walk upto the coastguards lookout one way and the dolphin the other, and then found the old town square,

shame its no longer the centre of the town so to speak.

Brilliant ride back Monday, A95 , A9 and onto the A86 , lots of bends and bends and bends,

Filled up in Fort William, and then into Glencoe Valley , for a spot of lunch in brilliant sunshine

and then a dash down to Dent for last nights camping,

The stove worked brilliantly, i managed to burn the bread easily lol (more practice needed)

Early start to beat the weather, and the last bash down the M6, 40, (a detour on the M1) 40 and then onto the 34 and home

Can you get the Strontian list up asap please Bazman
    Yes Martin we got on the road home. As we were already late away we decided not to go to the campsite and bid our fairwells as we would have been even later away.
    Look forward to meeting up again

Quote Originally Posted by UturnTony View Post
    Yes Martin we got on the road home. As we were already late away we decided not to go to the campsite and bid our fairwells as we would have been even later away.
    Look forward to meeting up again
    Indeed, its Dent next, then Strontian

Quote Originally Posted by brut33 View Post
    Well done Alistair, Iain, Pete, FBB, NeilDD, the ladies who helped with the catering, and the chap who ran the Sail Loft for a great weekend.
    Good company, a great location and a brilliant bbq. Always nice to meet up with familiar faces and new ones alike.
    Once again, nice one Alistair.
    The Harley was a peach, shame to turn it Pink

Quote Originally Posted by PW Cymru View Post
    Thanks for a great weekend, liked it so much I’m staying another week.
    Currently in Scourie, awesome scenery.
    Road ain’t bad either
    Was the weather better?

Was the weather better?
    Weathers been great since Portsoy, little bit of light drizzle but otherwise all good.

Set off from Ullapool this morning to a glorious blue sky.
    Currently in Taynuilt with a sky full of stars.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Alistair and all who helped. Great weekend and barby. Nice to meet new friends and old.
    Andy

I cant help being a little peeved that leading up to the weekend at Portsoy the weather was lovely, and after too
    on the plus side i now know my new little tent is dry in the wind and rain.

Still enjoyed the trip, had a great ride up and back and met some great people, and visited a few places ive been meaning to go for a while.

we went home down the A90, got on at Ellon and went down to Dundee and over the Tay bridge
    Down to Queensferry and over the Forth Bridge (M90) i could see over to the road bridge (A9000) and it was all coned off with workers on it.
    Went SE of Edinburgh to Lauder to a campsite we stayed at last time and it was shut for the season!!
    So jumped back on the bike and headed to another site 60 miles away at Bellingham.
    another great site thats on my go again list.

We went to Hadrians wall and then went through the North Pennines and Yorkshire moors to get home Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnoe View Post
    I cant help being a little peeved that leading up to the weekend at Portsoy the weather was lovely, and after too
    on the plus side i now know my new little tent is dry in the wind and rain.

Still enjoyed the trip, had a great ride up and back and met some great people, and visited a few places ive been meaning to go for a while.

we went home down the A90, got on at Ellon and went down to Dundee and over the Tay bridge
    Down to Queensferry and over the Forth Bridge (M90) i could see over to the road bridge (A9000) and it was all coned off with workers on it.
    Went SE of Edinburgh to Lauder to a campsite we stayed at last time and it was shut for the season!!
    So jumped back on the bike and headed to another site 60 miles away at Bellingham.
    another great site thats on my go again list.

We went to Hadrians wall and then went through the North Pennines and Yorkshire moors to get home Monday.
    Nice pics, were they done with a mk 1 camera phone need a bit more resolution

Lol I chose small when I added them, must have buggered them up

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Not watching the telly Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The Harley was a peach, shame to turn it Pink
    I may go for a psychedelic pattern based on this t-shirt.
    (Pic was taken at 7.30am the morning after the bbq, and yes that's a bowl of chilli)
    "You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time,
    but you cannot fool all the people all the time". Abraham Lincoln.

Some pics...
    "You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time,

I'm going to organise the same again for next year, 26 to 29 August, talking to the pub about a food option for the Saturday or another bbq. Campsite and hostel are reserved. Thread to follow in due course.

That's August bank holiday. Just sayin.

oooohhh that's the weekend of my 64th birthday. I just may come up

Quote Originally Posted by brut33 View Post
    That's August bank holiday. Just sayin.
    Yup, that was one of the reasons for choosing it. And Jimmy is at home in the pub. Gives folk a long weekend if they're coming far

Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post
    oooohhh that's the weekend of my 64th birthday. I just may come up
    We'll lay on something special

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast