Beta rev 3 , 200 cc 2003.......sort of a project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well
After over 12months without any bikes at all and a very poor sense of balance associated with the Parkinson’s desease I'm suffering:(
I had this idea that riding a bike ( off road ONLY)
Might help my balance issues

So a mate of mine ( Steve Goode Motorcycles )sourced a Beta Rev 3 that's spent over 10yrs unused, sitting inside the house of a 90yr old gentleman
I'm going to recomission it and give it a go in my private woodland area:thumb
I've got a pair of boots and an old open faced lid.

What could possibly go wrong?

Aberystwyth Casualty Dept is only 38 miles away :augie

received_2930897517133879.jpg

That looks very straight, I'm guessing the 90 year old didn't use it much prior to the ten years it was stood?
Mark

Cheers
I'll be stripping the carb to clean the jets out. I don't think it's ever had a lot of use.
I'll keep you posted.

They had a suspect water pump seal too, which is a very simple fix. If you see any emulsification in the oil, that's 99.9% certain what it will be.
Mark

I wish we could have persuaded you to try a trials school first Magwa - take care & remember, never go out riding alone.

I wish we could have persuaded you to try a trials school first Magwa - take care & remember, never go out riding alone.

I rode trials until I was 40yrs of age. I gave up due to shoulder injuries. I shall be " playing" on a hillside / woods 50yds from my front door. Htmbo is my look out. At 65yrs I'm aware falling off hurts. I just need a bit of exercise and balance.
If it's too difficult
A nice beta 200cc will be up for sale shortly
Hey up
I'll giv it a go :okay

Never struggled with my leftie, but I am ambidextrous :thumb

Get off and kick with your right.

What he said. The kick start is quite high and short, left foot unless you are higher than it your foot tries to slip off the lever. From cold mine always started 2nd kick, never 1st, always 2nd.
Mark

What he said. The kick start is quite high and short, left foot unless you are higher than it your foot tries to slip off the lever. From cold mine always started 2nd kick, never 1st, always 2nd.
Mark

Cheers
When I've cleaned out the carb and got fresh fuel ( my nearestpetrol station is 20miles away) I may even get it started this forthcoming weekend
It's a very little and light weight machine
Hopefully easy to ride /stop/start.

received_1288159754855167.jpg
received_3323823451042962.jpg

If it hasn't been run for a bit the clutch might be stuck, so push of and get rolling before clunking into gear and don't do it while facing the Porsche:eek: just in case, my new to me Scorpa was like that recently, took about quarter of a mile of clutch in, 4th gear revving to get the clutch to shear away and work.

Update on the Beta Rev 3
Started 1st kick
Warmed up, clutch is as free as a bird
Stops / starts /
New ish tyres fitted.
Even the lighting kit, loom and speedo kit was in the box of spares
With original owners manual and guarantee card
It was originally supplied by my mate Steve Goode to the first and only owner.
A bit of minor fettling to do ( service DIY)
A nice unmolested 17yrs old trials bike
I found the left hand kickstarting strange.........
But
As I've got a duff right knee.........it made life easier
I'll post some pics as and when I've deep cleaned / serviced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom