Gsa 1150 prices

Captain jack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Intending to put mine up for sale. Prices seem to vary enormously! Mine has 26.000 miles so assuming that is a plus. Any thoughts? Some say they are becoming collectible. But then some say the earth is flat

if the buyer wants it, they'll pay the money...

sold 3 recently all around the 20K mark... 5.5-6.5 seems about right if the bike is honest...

the two I sold the first bloke nearly pulled my arm off... to get the keys... it had a full set of luggage, a few trick bits and more paperwork to back it all up...

the second wasn't as nice still got 5.5K for it... they don't make'em anymore they are an iconic bike...

and once the right person comes along you get the money...

All depends on condition, I just paid a lot for a mint very low mileage GSA, and a middling amount for a mint very low mileage GS. They are becoming more and more collectible (not museum collectors but enthusiastic rider collectors) and it’s all about the condition of the bike. They are not so rare that it’s worth spending a fortune to buy a dog, and then another fortune getting up to mint condition.

The way I see it is that my standard GS isn’t a collectors piece but it’s tidy, it rides well and at 45k miles it shouldn’t be worn out yet. I can’t see me selling it for a while because as a touring bike or a winter hack it covers both bases and cost me less to buy than a new one would lose in a year :D

the two I sold the first bloke nearly pulled my arm off... to get the keys... it had a full set of luggage, a few trick bits and more paperwork to back it all up...

the second wasn't as nice still got 5.5K for it... they don't make'em anymore they are an iconic bike...

and once the right person comes along you get the money...

Blimey, In that case I’d best think about selling my 2005 6k mile ADV that’s just sitting in the garage.

Re LO IQ Arm not pulled off

I was the first bloke as per your the comments in your thread, the facts were that my bike was stolen on March the 23rd so buying a replacement with the travel restrictions in place was not going to be easy, I certainly didn’t pull your arm off but I had little choice but to buy your GSA as I was desperate for a bike so I could still travel to work. I probably paid over the odds but what could I do.

I was the first bloke as per your the comments in your thread,.

the black one went for 5.5K (minter) less than 20K on the clock
the first silver one I bought went for 6.2K (the bike was worth 5.3K with a really expensive luggage system loads of TT extra's and spare wheels and tyres) I could have stripped all the bits off, a bloke from wales turn up, whom I worked with a few times... he caught me off guard, made me a straight up offer to leave it all on including the stickers...... the bike had slightly more than 29K on the clock.
the second silver one went for 5K standard GS bought with a few issues, I fixed these added some extra's I had kicking about... 45K on the clock (I didn't like the gearing) it had been dressed up to be an adventure but wasn't.... I didn't spot that initially... the answer becareful as I also saw an 1150GSA "SE" that wasn't it was a regular GS (53 plate) nicely dressed up but not a straight bike...

I owned a blue and white one for abit no luggage with it... that went for 4.4K 40K on the clock....

Third silver one I bought and still have, is staying while I'm searching for the right Black one, is up for 6.6K it's got tons of TT stuff on it, full luggage I've added a few items to it...

I will have sold 4 1150's this year.. plus the last bits from my HP2e. in my opinion people are either looking for a specific bike, a bike with dials is the common comment, a design icon or they like the whole stickered up look... (which) I hate... it's now too late this year to sell anything unless the weather holds up and we have a dry lock up winter...

Well as i said i will put up here soon but in outline it 2002, 26k miles, system black plastic panniers, mra? Screen, in black and yellow, no rust and had abs removed an y piece fitted otherwise standard. A couple of tourateck farkles. And black bagster tank cover.

Back
Top Bottom