GS using GSA Panniers / Rack

Cyber

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is it possible to fit a GSA BMW pannier frame on a GS and then use GSA Panniers?

I have an option on some BMW GSA panniers but I lead to thinking you need a GSA rack for them....

Both from a 2019 model.

Thanks

Is it possible to fit a GSA BMW pannier frame on a GS and then use GSA Panniers?

I have an option on some BMW GSA panniers but I lead to thinking you need a GSA rack for them....

Both from a 2019 model.

Thanks

And I believe pillion foot peg hangers too.

Or run with no pillion pegs if you don't carry a pillion.

Not sure Mrs Cyber would be too pleased with me asking her to kneel on the seat, though its comes with benefits of allowing some more space for all the junk we seem to have to cart around.

Yup....

Attachments

• 385E37DF-4734-4313-A093-A09FF6D4DA59.jpg
    385E37DF-4734-4313-A093-A09FF6D4DA59.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 582
  • 66CBC126-7D46-4377-8302-A3AF13862540_1_201_a.jpg
    66CBC126-7D46-4377-8302-A3AF13862540_1_201_a.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 513
Why bother. Buy the Bumot panniers and you get a solid rack that also protects your end can, an integrated toolbox, you don’t need to change your footpegs, the panniers themselves are more robust and fully waterproof, are top loading with hinges on the long side not short side making them more practical, and are shaped around the end can for a closer and more integrated look. Cheaper too.

Why bother. Buy the Bumot panniers and you get a solid rack that also protects your end can, an integrated toolbox, you don’t need to change your footpegs, the panniers themselves are more robust and fully waterproof, are top loading with hinges on the long side not short side making them more practical, and are shaped around the end can for a closer and more integrated look. Cheaper too.
Totally agree and they come with friction hinges.

I have all the bits for this If you are interested - they were fitted on my 1250 GS which I have now sold.

Rear rack
Pannier racks
Pillion pegs

All in excellent condition

Attachments

• A9AA9C6B-3921-4AEE-95CA-4D8EAD43600E.jpg
    A9AA9C6B-3921-4AEE-95CA-4D8EAD43600E.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 390

Looked at the Bumot but they need to at least give the impression the keys are worth having. I agree the Defender looks an excellent system, well made and then they add a flimsy key. I know nothing is safe in this world but surely someone in their R&D would have thought to match the locks to the product.

Looked at the Bumot but they need to at least give the impression the keys are worth having. I agree the Defender looks an excellent system, well made and then they add a flimsy key. I know nothing is safe in this world but surely someone in their R&D would have thought to match the locks to the product.

A more substantial key would be nice. But it is a non-issue really in the grand scheme of things. I would never choose an inferior pannier system at greater cost just because the key of the alternative panniers was not very nice.

A more substantial key would be nice. But it is a non-issue really in the grand scheme of things. I would never choose an inferior pannier system at greater cost just because the key of the alternative panniers was not very nice.
Ditto. Another Bumot convert too.

Back
Top Bottom