Rukka experiences

I only wear Rukka and have a combination of a Pro Shell Jacket and Performance Shell trousers. Only failure was a set of Trousers that the Z liner let go after eight years. Performance Shell suits will wet out and feel cold and clammy, but shouldn't fail unless there is a hole in the Goretex liner. I am totally satisfied with the brand, perhaps I am lucky?

recently a long thread on this. Search for my posts. You'll be pleasantly surprised

Thanks. Just had a read through. I'll cross my fingers that they come through. They have received my detailed description of what happened and plenty of photos.
Just a bit annoyed that they assume I don't mean 'absolutley soaked' when I say it.

I bought a Rukka suit from a dealer in England who was about to go tits up, paid £600 which I believe was half price at the time cant remember the model but it was laminated and I never got wet, this was around 2011 or 2012, was a great suit and around 2016 I noticed the colour was fading so I returned it to Rukka via a dealer in Glasgow, 2 weeks later they sent me a brand new suit with an apology that the one I returned was no longer current, the value of the replacement was £1200, so in summary I guess I am a fan of Rukka but I would always buy the laminated type rather than depend on a liner to keep dry, the technology is more expensive for good reason.

I've got 'z-liner' coats. They keep you dry just fine. It's still Gore-tex; you just end up with a heavy wet exterior.

I only wear Rukka and have a combination of a Pro Shell Jacket and Performance Shell trousers. Only failure was a set of Trousers that the Z liner let go after eight years. Performance Shell suits will wet out and feel cold and clammy, but shouldn't fail unless there is a hole in the Goretex liner. I am totally satisfied with the brand, perhaps I am lucky?

I've had good experience with Gore-tex over the years. I've worn out work gear and had it leak after its been abraded and absolutely caked in mud and cement and I'll not complain because that is beyond what you'd expect it to cope with.
But this suit has sat on a proper hanger in a dry heated house and been worn for a couple of days each summer since I bought it.
I think I'm unlucky to have it fail in this way.
I'm hoping I'm not unlucky with the guarantee that prompted me to spend so much on buying it.

Hi I've just invested in some Nival Rukka gear from Infinity Motorcycles.

Fingers crossed all is well and they dont leak, they arrived within a day and certainly feel very comfortable which the stretch goretex.

I must say the service from Infinity has been excellent just on the ordering side and response. Its good to hear they offer a decent follow on customer service.

They have some cracking deals on and I've also just ordered some boots and earplugs (after checking reviews on here)

I will be selling on my other kit soon on this forum first. Hopefully the Rukka is for life.

Thanks for all the advice BTW

regards Alistair

Buy from a UK dealer and don't listen to their bollocks policies about sending it to Gore. Policies do not overule consumer law.

Buy from a UK dealer and don't listen to their bollocks policies about sending it to Gore. Policies do not overule consumer law.

FC moto aren't the problem. They have a 2 year return policy. I've already spoken with them. There is nothing outwardly wrong with the items or they would deal with it. Fortunately Gore-tex will assess the items. If they find a fault they will exchange the items (via FC Moto I assume). Moto legends are a British firm and it's been mentioned in this very thread that they would treat a Gore-tex complaint in the same way.
I posted to see if anyone else has had any bother with Rukka clothing. It's morphing into a discussion of how the Gore-tex warranty process works.
I guess it's a shame that I have to buy Finnish clothes with an American waterproof membrane from a German shop.

In the mean time; Gore-tex responded to my last email with an offer to have the item posted to them.
I have since been riding around in any storm I can find trying to make the bloody thing leak. No luck.
It's hard to duplicate hours of non-stop riding from Glasgow to North Wales in constant rain though. (2 stops for fuel)
I am wondering if it might have been getting between my helmet and collar....

I'll keep trying; more rain tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom