Dellorto lighter springs Airheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickDB1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted lighter springs in their Dellortos on a r90 or other airheads.
I am getting a bit of hand ache on longer rides and if yer have fitted some. Where did you get them from please?? .
Motoworks today said " I only have a tape measure" when I asked what the diameter of the spring wire in their springs.
My coil wire in my springs is 1.19mm dia.
Thanks if yer know owt :thumby: :thumby:

It used to be a common mod on Guzzis (DelOrto carbs) although I'm not sure what real world difference it ever made :nenau I've always found, good nick cables, cleaned/greased throttle and clean carbs to make the biggest improvement.
Maybe try Guzzi places for the smaller springs (Gutsibits or TLM in Holland). Also, for all things DelOrto (and very knowledgeable bods) I use Eurocarb.

HTH
Andres

It used to be a common mod on Guzzis (DelOrto carbs) although I'm not sure what real world difference it ever made :nenau I've always found, good nick cables, cleaned/greased throttle and clean carbs to make the biggest improvement.
Maybe try Guzzi places for the smaller springs (Gutsibits or TLM in Holland). Also, for all things DelOrto (and very knowledgeable bods) I use Eurocarb.

HTH
Andres
:agree
Give eurocarb a bell:thumby:

Thank you very much gentlemen :thumby:
I found a spring calculator on internet - a 1.2 dia Medium wire spring has 0.163 N/mm whereas the lighter 1.1 dia has a strength of 0.113 = or 45% less effort needed.
It may save my wrist for other uses :D
Eurocarb here I come
Thanks again

Thank you very much gentlemen :thumby:
I found a spring calculator on internet - a 1.2 dia Medium wire spring has 0.163 N/mm whereas the lighter 1.1 dia has a strength of 0.113 = or 45% less effort needed.
It may save my wrist for other uses :D
Eurocarb here I come
Thanks again

The other thing that might be worth trying would be a throttle rocker Mick?
Ridiculously expensive for what they are but it means you can simply use pressure to keep the throttle open rather than having to hold it.
(I’ve got one you can try if you like)

I do use them Richard but they are a bit fiddley and This way should lighten the load somewhat
Trevin at Eurocarb - 0118 984 2811 - has sorted me a pair of springs for tomorra for about 12 quid.
Great service for carb stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom