Not new but not posted until this evening!

Brian A.

Reaction score
Good evening,

I'm Brian, I've been browsing on here since January but didn't realise that I've not posted anything until this evening so I thought I'd better do the right thing and introduce myself properly here.

I'm 68, been riding for 52 years with a short break in it when my children were small and I couldn't afford to. I've had loads of bikes, more into classics the last 20 odd years, but always have an "all year round bike" too.

This was a VFR750 for about ten years, but in recent years the riding position has been playing havoc with my ongoing bad back. So in November last year I bought my 2001 R1150R. Brilliant bike. A bit heavy for me nowadays, but I love it. And most importantly, I can ride it all day with very little trouble with my back!

I do all my own maintenance, and have done for years. I intend to carry on doing it all for as long as I can. I found this site by searching for rocker shaft end float adjustment. Steptoe's guide to this is absolutely brilliant, proper down to earth real life stuff. What a difference it made! Thank you to Steptoe for that.

I've done very little more than servicing so far too my 1150, other than replacing the Hall sensor because of failing to start sometimes when really hot, and the front brake hose because it developed a pinhole.

I've only done one other posting on here as I say, regarding removing centre stand springs.

Not much I can say really! Best wishes to all,
Brian.

Some great roads in Staffs, welcome

Back
Top Bottom