Keis Wireless remote info

JRT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've got a Keis wireless vest with the normal controller. It seems once upon a time you could purchase a wireless remote that could be attached to the handlebars and would enable control of the main heat controller remotely. But they no longer appear to be available - which is quite annoying.

I stumbled upon a blazewear remote controller that appears almost identical to the Keis and purchased it.

Blazewear
wireless_remote_1_1.jpg

However, upon testing and clicking buttons it will not control the main keis controller. I presume there is no pairing process to make the magic happen.

On the back of the unit i noticed

R-12
SREQ:315
Battery 23A 12V

I think SREQ is referring to the frequency that the controller is using ie 315mhz which is relatively common.

Could anyone with a Keis controller let me know what it says on the back of the remote unit? I'm wondering if i could source a different or reprogram the little radio module inside the remote to work with the Keis unit.

Not clear from your OP but have you got the wireless controller bit that plugs into the jacket or just the normal controller that they come supplied with ?

If the latter no amount of trying to pair will work

If the former then there is a pairing sequence of button presses which I can't remember but will be easy to find on google

You are correct that it is annoying they have stopped making them as mine is looking decidedly weatherbeaten and is only just still working

I’ve got the normal controller (think they call it the heavy duty)that plugs into the jacket that gives you the three temperature settings. I was under the impression that the wireless remote pictured above communicates with that controller?

I’ve got the normal controller (think they call it the heavy duty)that plugs into the jacket that gives you the three temperature settings. I was under the impression that the wireless remote pictured above communicates with that controller?

That will be your first problem then

Nope
The Keiss wireless / remote system has a different controller

When I bought mine a few years ago now it was an extra to the heavy duty controller that came supplied

The one you need looks like this but is discontinued https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/214999

That will be your first problem then

Nope
The Keiss wireless / remote system has a different controller

When I bought mine a few years ago now it was an extra to the heavy duty controller that came supplied

The one you need looks like this but is discontinued https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/214999

Got it, so although the heavy duty controller looks similar - it’s not the same and doesn’t contain the necessary wireless gubbins.

Darn it... back to the drawing board.

Don't bother they are crap and only work for a short time if at all, got bored sendind mine back again and again

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

I have the keis remote, it’s been working fine for 5 years or so.

I’d be interested in trying the blaze controller as a spare.

I’ll take it from you rather than it sitting in a draw unused :thumb2

Right, I've gone a different route and now have the warm and safe setup.

So the blaze remote controller is now surplus to requirements. I paid £30 for it and it's never been used. Will let it go for £25 posted if it's of interest to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom