Adventure Spec Ltd

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just purchased a pair of Doubletake Adventure mirrors. Coincidently, Just as I receive the email stating the mirrors have been shipped, I also receive a phone call from AS ltd telling me they are in stock. During the conversation I tell the guy the Mirrors are for a BMW R1200GSA. He then tells me They wont fit unless you purchase the BMW adapters. £9 each plus more postage.
When I said to the AS ltd staff member this isn't mentioned at all on the website. And Now i Have to pay for another delivery for the adapters, He simply says "Send them back then"
Pissed off.:mad:
So, anyone else ordering these, make sure you include the adapters in your order. :thumb

https://www.adventurespec.com/shop/product/dtm-advm-kit-double-take-adventure-mirror-kit-56#attr=

I have had poor service from them before.Staff on the phone not really giving a toss.

I have had poor service from them before.Staff on the phone not really giving a toss.

My in laws live across the road...not in the next town, but 30 metres away. I was visiting them and rang AS to ask if i could pop across to try a pair of Klim kex on...Nope, you'll have to order them, get them delivered and sent back if they don't fit. :rolleyes:

This all surprises me as i have had excellent service from them in the past

When i bought my first Klim Bad lands and they were the sole importers etc i called and said i wasn't prepared to drop that sort of cash without trying on and they said as long as i didn't care they didn't have changing rooms etc they were happy for me to do so

I’ll not use names but one of the bosses at Adv Spec is first rate the other is a f- - - - -
p - - - -. Say no more. I bought some klim trousers from Adventure Bike Warehouse and on second day the fly zip failed. Trousers were washed and Gary from ABW sent them back under warranty with a full report. Claim was rejected and Adv Spec said “fair wear and tear” and returned trousers, not the fault of ABW who had done everything properly. No prizes for guessing who was dealing with the job at Adv Spec.
Not best pleased I phoned Klim in USA who passed complaint to Klim Europe in Switzerland/Austria who phoned me and listened to my report and went off to discuss. Ten minutes later phone call from Klim arranging to send new trousers. First rate service from Klim and very politely handled but obviously Yorkshire thief wanted me to buy new. Got new from Klim and Lancs Sports Repairs at Burnley replaced damaged zip for £60 so two sets of trousers. Oh and delivery from Klim showed they’d invoiced Adventure Spunk for replacement set. This invoice revealed Adv Spec mark up and it made lawyers, jewellers and estate agents look like charities!

Also very surprised, I've bought tons of stuff from them over the years, dealt with both bosses and have nothing but good things to say about them. Last year they replaced a 9 year old Klim Traverse jacket and trousers under warranty that had been comprehensively trail ridden.

Whenever I've phoned I've had nothing but helpful advice, and they support the TET project too. And their new own brand stuff is very good, got 2 or 3 items.

Goes to show.

Back
Top Bottom