Chinese MudSling

Put a few more of us brits on the dole::blast

however the genuine ones are overpriced

I'm a Brit in plastics manufacturing too and £/gr of polymer the MudSlings are eye wateringly priced. Yes I know there's design, tooling etc, but their prices are insane for what is a basic low tech moulding.

A key difference is that MachineArt's MS and fender extender look like they are oem material. I can't say that the one displayed is a particularly good look, though we all agree that MachineArts prices are eye-watering.

If you want to see some daft prices check out the cost of four little rubber feet for a neff gas hob pan support!, they’re about a centimetre long, mushroom shaped and cost up to £18 odd for a pack of four, i need two packs !

I shall make a few silicon moulds and make my own, can’t be that hard and as they are not seen, even my general level of skillage should suffice.

A key difference is that MachineArt's MS and fender extender look like they are oem material. I can't say that the one displayed is a particularly good look, though we all agree that MachineArts prices are eye-watering.

These will weather in I guess, but a quick spray of WD or similar would sort it too..

I decided to buy the genuine article. Rear tyre has eaten chunks of it. Might as well buy the copy and save £100

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I have a genuine mudsling biting the financial bullet to hopefully prevent the rear shock spitting it's costly dummy out. I also bought their X heads which are very well made, but charging silly money for the front fender extender I decided an ebay special at under a tenner direct from China was worth a punt. They're not the only ones-it's a similar story with handguard extensions under £15 vs over £70 was another no brainer. The OE aux lights are similar in that BMW charge a fortune where as alternatives that look very similar can be had for £40 a pair again from China

There are of course owners for whom money is no object and are prepared to pay the price that goes with some of the "premium" stuff available and that's ok but I just feel GS owners are being treated like cash cows by greedy manufacturers who have long since recovered all R&D and tooling costs due to the bike's popularity but still charge silly money for bits of moulded plastic

There are of course owners for whom money is no object and are prepared to pay the price that goes with some of the "premium" stuff available and that's ok but I just feel GS owners are being treated like cash cows by greedy manufacturers who have long since recovered all R&D and tooling costs due to the bike's popularity but still charge silly money for bits of moulded plastic

How are we to know when a greedy manufacturer has recovered their costs, to the point of making a suitable return on their investment?

erm... perhaps it's just me... but i kinda like the whole shit being sprayed up and covering my in assorted road crud...

oh well...

Went for the copies both front and rear originally earlier this year
Front one was excellent but the rear one was rubbing in 2 places
Both from M&P, got a full refund on rear one
I bit the bullet and got a discounted rear genuine one and when placed over the copy they looked very similar but were not exact in dimensions
Genuine one doesn't rub on the bike
I replaced the screws on the front copy one for black ones, a little shorter - 6000 miles later, solid as a rock

Back
Top Bottom