Metzler roadtec 01 cannot be fixed if punctured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most things these days “can’t”be fixed. Replace starter motors for brushes same with alternators and many many other components. JJH

Not really, it's just common sense. You, however, have come on moaning about 'Metzeler's Policy's' then pointing out to others that repairing a zx rated tyre could land them in deep water with their insurance policy?????????

I once fixed a puncture in a mate's fireblade tyre at the side of the road, he went on to wear the tyre down to the canvas before he changed it.Buy a puncture kit, do it yourself and keep riding.It's not difficult.If you don't like that, repair it until you can get a new tyre to get yourself home.

Not really, it's just common sense. You, however, have come on moaning about 'Metzeler's Policy's' then pointing out to others that repairing a zx rated tyre could land them in deep water with their insurance policy?????????

yes too late after the accident when your insurer say no not paying your tyres are ilegal ?????

I once fixed a puncture in a mate's fireblade tyre at the side of the road, he went on to wear the tyre down to the canvas before he changed it.Buy a puncture kit, do it yourself and keep riding.It's not difficult.If you don't like that, repair it until you can get a new tyre to get yourself home.

so i buy a new tyre do 10 miles get a puncture and have to go and buy another ? that makes great sense

so i buy a new tyre do 10 miles get a puncture and have to go and buy another ? that makes great sense

I bought a new tyre for the wifes car, £100 quid, 7 miles later i hit a pothole and it nicked the sidewall :(

Un-repairable , i complained to the internet, God, the tyre company - they all came back with the same answer

Suck it up buttercup, ain't life a bitch !

I bought a new tyre for the wifes car, £100 quid, 7 miles later i hit a pothole and it nicked the sidewall :(

Un-repairable , i complained to the internet, God, the tyre company - they all came back with the same answer

Suck it up buttercup, ain't life a bitch !

what you dont understand is your not being told that you cannot repair the tyre at the point of purchase as for your car tyre yes its well known yoiu cannot fix it if its the wall thats been hit .So you but a pair of mezters have a puncture you fix it at home plug or what ever you now have a uninsured bike because your riding on ilegal tyres

the law as the manufacturer has told you you cannot repair the tyre to do so is breaking the law and your bike is uninsured
Sorry I didn't realise Metzler were responsible for making laws these days.

And, what law?

A Metzler tyre with a proper repair ( within the correct and legal area) is a much better bet than a 20 year old Dunlop ( other shit tyres are available) without a repair and there are plenty of those 20 year old Dunlops out there on the road or would you disagree ?

Metzler do net set the laws of this or any other land and if the law says that a repair is legal then it is

The end

A Metzler tyre with a proper repair ( within the correct and legal area) is a much better bet than a 20 year old Dunlop ( other shit tyres are available) without a repair and there are plenty of those 20 year old Dunlops out there on the road or would you disagree ?

Metzler do net set the laws of this or any other land and if the law says that a repair is legal then it is

The end
Somehow I doubt it.

Somehow I doubt it.

true metzler do not set the laws the department for transport does but they do advise against reparing their 01 road tyres as this make them defective thus against the .because you must not ride with a dective tyre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom