Metzler roadtec 01 cannot be fixed if punctured

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripleblack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
found this out today no very happy as i was not advised when i purchased them that they cannot be fixed if you get a puncture .I called metzler to complain as i expected not interested please share so other people will not be duped

yes unwilling to fix as this is metzler policy the dealer didnt even look at the tyre ( the hole was dead centre of the tyre ) .i complaned to metzler that i was not made aware of this at point of sale as i would not have purchased them .As suspected not interested

i have had many tyres and many punctures fixed by main dealer or tyre dealers no issues but today i took my metzler to be fixed and the tyre dealer advised its metzler policy not to fix punctures .the tyre dealer (biggest in north wales ) said they only repair michelins .Just anoid i was not made aware of this before purchasing a metzler

Fix it yourself and accept the risk a tyre repair company isn't willing to take. Your choice...........

A couple of years ago I had a puncture in a rear tyre fitted to to my tiger sport. I took it to a small local used bike dealer who said a tyre rated that high can't be repaired but he'd take a look. I went back later he had fixed it because it was " the smallest puncture " he'd ever seen and was just off the centre of the tread. So maybe it's not just Metzler but all bike tyres above a certain speed rating.

i have had all of the usual tyre makes over the years and have had my fair share of punctures but metzler are the only ones who refuse to fix

my point being its not stated on thier adverts or at point of sale that their 01 have a no repair policy .i for one would not have bought them had i known as i tour a lot and they would be no good to me

I think ProTyre have a policy they dont repair any bike tyre over a certain speed rating. A proper fix would be fine in most cases except extreme use I found after working in the tyre business for a few years

From Metzeler Technical Data book
TYRE REPAIR
Tubeless tyres: Due to the specific regulations of different national governments, we can not give a general recommendation regarding tyre repair. Please refer to your distributor for information on your country’s regulations. in case you are allowed to repair a tyre, we recommend that you repair only small punctures which are restricted to the tread area, by using a mushroom head type plug. The repairer is solely responsible for the repair and any instructions given to the user concerning the repaired tyre. Repaired tubeless tyres should never be used with a tube. Tubetype tyres: Tube repair is not permitted. Punctured tubetype tyres must have a new tube fitted. if punctured, in addition to having the replaced, the tyre and the rim have to be inspected by an expert. The puncture in the tyre should be repaired by a local vulcanisation, executed by a tyre repairer, so
as to prevent moisture from attacking the tyre casing. The repairer is solely responsible to the user for the repair and any inspection of the repaired tyre.

This suggests it was your tyre repairer’s policy, rather than Metzeler

my point being its not stated on thier adverts or at point of sale that their 01 have a no repair policy .i for one would not have bought them had i known as i tour a lot and they would be no good to me

Fix it yourself and accept the risk a tyre repair company isn't willing to take. Your choice...........

There ya go - there's the answer.

Talk about 'whiny' :blast

i can assure you after a lenghty coversation with metzler customer service this is a metzler policy

you dont get my point if i was advised of this at the point of purchase then i had a choice as i was not told i didnt have a choice

fucking hell being called whinny by a scotsman FFS whats this world coming to

Had a puncture in Spain, rear roadtech 01, repaired with a plug by one of my mates, did another 5000 miles on it before replacing for exactly the same.

Had a puncture in Spain, rear roadtech 01, repaired with a plug by one of my mates, did another 5000 miles on it before replacing for exactly the same.

which is great but if you did have an accident and your tyres were a contributing factor you wouldnt have a leg to stand on

if it had a zx rating then he should not of fixed it .Its against their policy so you maybe riding around on an ilegal tyre .Its the firdt thing insurer will look for in an accident and you maybe left uninsured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom