890 Adventure

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
New for 2021

ca26d48f40f24099fa535ad2055ac4b4.jpg

More info here

No doubt a standard 890R to follow with 21/18 wheels (apart from the uber pricey Rally special edition )

This has 21/18 wheels too? It does make you wonder whether the 790 is being dropped as they’re two almost identical bikes apart from a slight power and weight increase. KTM site only mentions the 2020 790.

This has 21/18 wheels too? It does make you wonder whether the 790 is being dropped as they’re two almost identical bikes apart from a slight power and weight increase. KTM site only mentions the 2020 790.
The 890 is replacing the 790.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well the news of the 890 certainly isn't generating any excitement here judging by the lack of response.

Well the news of the 890 certainly isn't generating any excitement here judging by the lack of response.

KTM have not improved it's rather, er, "challenging" looks, have they?

The road going version, agreed.

The R - completely disagree. Get some mud on it....looks ace ��

So much for being lightest in class. With a full tank it’s now nudging 220Kg. I see no point in the std 890 adv as the Duke will ride far better on the road, looks far nicer and is substantially cheaper. The 890 adv doesn’t have much bodywork or screen, certainly not massively different to the Duke, so basically pointless. If you want a road bike get the Duke; want to off-road, get the 890Adv R.
A std bike with 19/17 wider cast wheels, lower seat height with a bit less suspension travel and a touch more weather protection (and £750-£1000 cheaper) and the range would make a lot more sense as there a plenty of road-only riders who would buy an adventure bike (1290 anyone?) That and the £12K 890 adv will be £9.5K or less next Christmas. I love the engine and the build quality, but KTM are not doing themselves any favours with recent designs and muddled product lines.

I also think a more road biased touring version is needed. KTM think everyone either wants a naked bike with bugger all weather protection and a 50 mile fuel range, or a massive adventure bike with large wheels.

I want a 1290 SMT, stick a 17" front on the 1290S, fit some pukka suspension, take travel from 200mm to about 170 and hey presto the worlds best sporty touring bike with loads of leg room for tall people like me, but a shade lower to suit a few more folk. Also ditch the high level pipes so we can have 2 decent sized panniers - who the fuck rides S Model 1290 Adventures across rivers?

Basically a 990 SMT chassis with the 1290 Engine for me, and a 990SMT chassis with the 890 Engine for Mrs Rasher.

I also think a more road biased touring version is needed. KTM think everyone either wants a naked bike with bugger all weather protection and a 50 mile fuel range, or a massive adventure bike with large wheels.

I want a 1290 SMT, stick a 17" front on the 1290S, fit some pukka suspension, take travel from 200mm to about 170 and hey presto the worlds best sporty touring bike with loads of leg room for tall people like me, but a shade lower to suit a few more folk. Also ditch the high level pipes so we can have 2 decent sized panniers - who the fuck rides S Model 1290 Adventures across rivers?

Basically a 990 SMT chassis with the 1290 Engine for me, and a 990SMT chassis with the 890 Engine for Mrs Rasher.

Sounds good, but doubt it’ll happen.

Norden 901 anyone ?

..... <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2JG-o8HsBRw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reason for the increase to 890 is to comply with euro 5 emissions - all manufactures are restricted to a certain bhp per cylinder so whilst we’ve tended to see smaller engines with turbos in cars they’ll now be going to more cylinders to keep the power outputs

The 890 is heavier not only due to the extra cc but all the restrictive bollox on it to comply

Glad I bought a 790 R a few weeks ago tbh

Back
Top Bottom