Bike camera Innovv K2 or Viofo MT1

Dario

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a camera system to fit to my 1250GS. Plenty of write ups about the Innovv K2 which cost around £290 before your SD card. While researching this came about the Viofo MT1. Spec on this appear slightly better than the Innovv but i cannot seem to find any reviews on it. Has anyone fitted this system. Currently available on Ebay new for £205.

:aidan

PS Found some reviews on YT. Wondering if anyone here has fitted one.

Looking to purchase a camera system to fit to my 1250GS. Plenty of write ups about the Innovv K2 which cost around £290 before your SD card. While researching this came about the Viofo MT1. Spec on this appear slightly better than the Innovv but i cannot seem to find any reviews on it. Has anyone fitted this system. Currently available on Ebay new for £205.

:aidan

Found some reviews on YT. Wondering if anyone here has fitted one.

The MT1 looks to be the among the number of generic, more or less simlar systems you can get under various brand names, and cheaper. For example, my first search

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MT1-Wate...orcycle-Dash-Cam-Video-Recorder-/313255137419

I have something similar. When I looked into the Innov 2 vs these sorts of less expensive setups I wasn't convinced that the video quality was that much superior on the Innov2, though its cams and console are a better finish/design. I don't think either is great as a wifi setup either, as at most they are designed to download a single clip at convenience rather than remove the sd card: both far too time-consuming to download more than a single clip. They are both fit and forget devices. I'd say the video quality on the cheap versions is 'good enough' for insurance evidence purposes.

Both are childs play to install.

Others may be of a different opinion but I'd say that unless you want what is probably the only recognised and branded dedicated mc system and have the money then get the Innov. But if you wanted to splash the cash elsewhere then get a cheapie. And this is coming from someone who is not unknown to spend hard-earned on premium farkles.

Just make sure that whatever system you buy it has an auto power on system (usually triggered by the vibrations of the bike).

Just at thought, buying the INNOVV and you get the support which you might not get from an eBay purchase. My main unit went dead and a new one was sent out to me very quickly. Also great help with setup etc. I realise that isn’t worth £100’s but after a couple of setups with GoPro cheapies that failed in the end - the INNOVV has worked really well for me.

Thanks for your input Yofi and Flipper man.

Think Innovv is the way to go.

Just at thought, buying the INNOVV and you get the support which you might not get from an eBay purchase. My main unit went dead and a new one was sent out to me very quickly. Also great help with setup etc. I realise that isn’t worth £100’s but after a couple of setups with GoPro cheapies that failed in the end - the INNOVV has worked really well for me.

Funnily enough, to back that up and relating to another current thread that's running, I've just completed a support call with Andrew at MachineArt regarding a self-inflicted issue I had with my MA Advanced Guards (which I love). Exchange of emails with no delay, and he's sending me out a replacement bracket (albeit rightfully I will be having to swallow the high costs of international shipping).

I have the Innovv C5 (Front camera onlY, and would agree with Flipper Man above, the support is second to none.

Also looking at fitting a system and will go down the Innovv route, from a conversation with them there is a new model coming early next year with 4k and also a K2S which has a 3.5mm mic socket for those that want better audio.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Having tried several cheaper options, all of which failed, I fitted an INNOVV earlier this year. The video quality is what I wanted on a single device giving me front and rear footage.
I had some interference issues with my unit and the RDC/TPMS. INNOVV UK assisted with this and were very helpful. My RDC/TPMS issue was resolved by mounting the head unit beneath the LHS side panel behind the radiator.
With regards to wifi, it’s not great. I have fitted a USB lead that goes into the gap under the rider seat. Makes life easier if I want the SD cards contents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at this setup but shied away due to the published problems with the TPMS. Glad to see you have a working solution. Any further detail/advice you can give regarding placement and file downloading?

I was looking at this setup but shied away due to the published problems with the TPMS. Glad to see you have a working solution. Any further detail/advice you can give regarding placement and file downloading?

Mine is located directly on the ecu under the riders seat. No problems with tpms

I have the Innov, it was installed on the 1250GSA, waiting to fit it to the 1250RT.

it worked great, Innov were very helpful.

My setup was different than some as I have the low seat which reduces the space underneath for the DVR.
Pictures below.

403b1b6d98642c6e1a909a4de96ce5fc.jpg

Main DVR is located behind the radiator on the near side of the bike. Secured with velcro (not colour matched, sorry)

d57ecc118786643b8bcf7c73392ae2ec.jpg

Cables all run down the near side of the bike. Intention is to tidy these up once I get round to removing the fuel tank.

8b9f35fec0d59660242ad28b7897025a.jpg

Power supply and yellow ignition wire located under the rider seat.

848bc8ba90086c03672040f5836b3c9b.jpg

HexEzcan provides the ignition live to turn the DVR on/off.
USB lead runs from the DVR under the riders seat. Allows for downloading of files to the laptop if needed.
Key point of note. Ferrite Core’s are fitted as follows:
X 2 as close as possible to the camera heads.
X 2 fitted to the camera cables as close as possible to the DVR.
Single cores fitted to the in/out wires for the power supply.
I get good TPMS readings front and rear as soon as I get to speed.
I have had one TPMS failure in the last 9 rides. Came up on the dash for about 5 mins and then cleared.
Hope this helps.

Looks like Innovv will be offering a slight discount on their kit during what would have been Motorcycle Live (now online) for 2020.

Back
Top Bottom