PACKTALK PROBLEM RECONNECTING

Pablo1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have a factory paired set of Packtalk, recently ive had issues where they disconnect out of range and fail to reconnect again. Switching units off and back on again when stationary seems to sort it but it is a pain, anyone have any idea how to sort, using DMC intercom and both units have the up to date software.

I Beleive if you hit the bluetooth button on the unit it re connect.
I use the phone app ( phone mounted on bars) to control the unit as its a pain trying to use those butons though!

I Beleive if you hit the bluetooth button on the unit it re connect.
I use the phone app ( phone mounted on bars) to control the unit as its a pain trying to use those butons though!

What button is that mate ??

I hate that Cardo have pushed much of their functionality into the app, when it remains illegal to use a phone anyway whilst riding! Trying to remember the various button sequences for common functions is an exercise in frustration. The Cardo is a good piece of kit but in terms of user-friendliness and intuitive usage they have a long way to go yet.

Packtalk in mesh mode, will reconnect automatically (say - on switch-on in the morning, or when getting back within range)

If you are connected to a G4/G9 - then you have to press the top button to make that connection in the scenarios above.

Have a factory paired set of Packtalk, recently ive had issues where they disconnect out of range and fail to reconnect again. Switching units off and back on again when stationary seems to sort it but it is a pain, anyone have any idea how to sort, using DMC intercom and both units have the up to date software.

Had this happen a few times and the only way i have managed to resolve it, at least for a while, is to create a new group and pair again.

Put into mesh mode (top/bottom buttons together to flash green not blue), put one into group pairing mode (hold top button until flashes) and set it as the group owner (press top button again), then pair the other to the new group.
This will fix it for a few weeks/months depending on how often you use them.

Had this happen a few times and the only way i have managed to resolve it, at least for a while, is to create a new group and pair again.

Put into mesh mode (top/bottom buttons together to flash green not blue), put one into group pairing mode (hold top button until flashes) and set it as the group owner (press top button again), then pair the other to the new group.
This will fix it for a few weeks/months depending on how often you use them.

cheers will give this a try, have now got the app on my phone so thats useful.

What button is that mate ??

its one of the three on the side of the head unit, top one at back with the bluetooth symbol next to it.
as an aside, there are some great youtube videos on using the unit with the app, well worth a look, also covering pairing with non cardo units, although I have never had much successful outcome with that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZRAKd6fEW0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We9oTBTq_ao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hMicZYzG-I

using the app is not illegal,the phone is mounted on ultimate addons mount and relatively easy to get to, although for more complex operations I prefer to stop to make any adjustments, rather then ride off road through a hedge!! I use app mostly to control music, pause it or change track, I know there are apprently better, more tecky wasy of doing that but pushing buttons still suits me best. Voice control just pisses off everyone in the mesh!!!

From my experience; No automatic re-connection in Bluetooth mode. Automatic re-connection in mesh mode.

well out on bike today and had no issues however used the app before we set off to check units were paired, in the intercom menu in DMC shows 1 group with only 1 unit in group, selected add rider and app couldnt see my mates unit untill i put his unit in pairing mode, after a lot of faffing around the intercom screen hadnt changed at all. ???

Back
Top Bottom