Chain length.

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Stupid question I know but does anyone know the chain length for a 2018 800GSA?

Can't find it anywhere.

I thought it was 116 links for all F650/700/800. Motorworks seem to agree... Not changed mine so can't speak from experience tho.

Assuming 16 tooth front sprocket and 42 tooth rear sprocket, it's 116 links of 525 chain.

Picked this up from a local supplier today and hopefully the bloody thing wont stretch like the elastic standard one!!

Attachments

• Chain.jpg
    Chain.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 174
As you have found the elastic standard chain is just that. As well as being crap. Why BMW use these things is beyond me, and before anyone says “they’re cheap” we know that already and the difference in cost to buy something else would surely be made up in good will. However, anything else is going to be an improvement be it RK, Regina, DID, or whatever. Sometimes BMW can be really cheap, and the stock chain on the 800 series is very cheap.

Chains don't stretch...there's no elasticity in them.

They do get longer though.
Initially through displacement of any grease packing, and then via wear of bushes and pins.

Reynolds started the great misconception by marketing 'pre stretched' chain, even though, unlike a belt, a chain doesn't stretch.

Chains don't stretch...there's no elasticity in them.

They do get longer though.
Initially through displacement of any grease packing, and then via wear of bushes and pins.

Reynolds started the great misconception by marketing 'pre stretched' chain, even though, unlike a belt, a chain doesn't stretch.

This:agree

Back
Top Bottom