BMW XChallenge Front Mudguard Extender

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having failed miserably to track down a Touratech Front Mudguard Extender for the XChallenges as they are long since discontinued , I have now found a company that can 3D Scan and Print a reverse engineered copy

Is there any interest from anyone else in one of these ?

As before I will get pricing for a batch of them if there is interest out there

Having failed miserably to track down a Touratech Front Mudguard Extender for the XChallenges as they are long since discontinued , I have now found a company that can 3D Scan and Print a reverse engineered copy

Is there any interest from anyone else in one of these ?

As before I will get pricing for a batch of them if there is interest out there

Had the pricing back and it’s a bit more than I had expected as the scanning to give the 3D image is quite involved . We would be looking at £100 each delivered . That said I paid £120 from Touratech a couple of years back for the last one I bought from them . Let me know if this is still of interest now we have the pricing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK - good news - I went back to supplier and said they were too expensive and that people were dropping out and they have reduced the price so I can now do these for £80 delivered based on an initiakl batch of ten

Once I have interest in ten of these I will ask for a £25 deposit to secure and get them ordered

I've got stated interest in 7 of these so far , so another 3 and I can get the ball rolling

Best accessory you can fit to a Xchallenge front mudguard

Saves a face full of shite

I'm actively trying to get this going again . I have found somewhere that can make them at a reasonable price but they want £500 to scan the original to produce the 3D printing file so even with ten people interested it adds £50 to the price . As soon as I get it sorted I'll let everyone know

The 3D printer came back with a sample of the finish and its just not going to be good enough for what is needed so the part would need dressing and painting which I think will just make it too expensive . I will get a price for painting but its not looking like the 3D printing route will work here :-(

Painting costs would make it too expensive unfortunately, speaking to another company to see if they can do something, will update again if I make any progress

I’m afraid there is no progress , looks like a 3D printed part would just be too expensive

Back
Top Bottom