Non bike related request (car tyres)

younger06

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a tyre shop in the Dublin/Kildare area that will fit tyres that they haven't sold?

I have bought all season tyres for my car from Openeo.ie and the lad that usually does it for my won't do it anymore.

Can anyone recommend a tyre shop in the Dublin/Kildare area that will fit tyres that they haven't sold?

I have bought all season tyres for my car from Openeo.ie and the lad that usually does it for my won't do it anymore.

That's a shame, I don't see why not as long as he gets paid for his work. I know one but it is probably the furthest from Dublin still in the same country...

That's a shame, I don't see why not as long as he gets paid for his work. I know one but it is probably the furthest from Dublin still in the same country...
Where is Richie...... I can travel

S20 5G sent this......

They are loosing any margin they might have had on the tyres (a lot more than they charge to fit them)
They might also be on volume based rebates from their suppliers.

S20 5G sent this......

Yeah, they service cars in there too. Give him a call. I've never got car tyres there, but they've serviced a couple of my cars and I've gotten loads of bike tyres off them.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Yeah, they service cars in there too. Give him a call. I've never got car tyres there, but they've serviced a couple of my cars and I've gotten loads of bike tyres off them.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

I'll give the a try, thanks.

Obviously the tyre shops don't want to do it mostly because they lose the margin on the tyre. I give my local guy €25 per tyre for fit, balance and disposal and he still moans and you feel like he's doing a big favour. But..... he always does a good job and proper balance, not like the half arsed efforts of some.

Let us know how you get on.

Obviously the tyre shops don't want to do it mostly because they lose the margin on the tyre. I give my local guy €25 per tyre for fit, balance and disposal and he still moans and you feel like he's doing a big favour. But..... he always does a good job and proper balance, not like the half arsed efforts of some.

Let us know how you get on.

€100 for half an hours work.............I wouldn't mind it!!!!

Back
Top Bottom