New EU-5 R Nine T will be revealed today...

297b107a72f44bfe536419646768c4ac.jpg

Prettier......

To be honest if I want

Luggage

Centre Stand

ESA

Bigger Tank

Etc Etc

I’d maybe look at a .......... GS Maybe ?

As it is these are fine for their purpose, poncing around like a Kansas City Faggot thinking I’m cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t know Martin, spent £470 on a Wilbers unit on mine. Totally transformed it, given the money people spend on personalising their bikes seems a small price to pay to get it right...

Yeah I should have probably persevered with mine but it pissed me off that BMW charge over £10k for a bike then fit it with dreadful suspension.Plus my dealer at the time was dire.So dire that they’ve now lost BMW Motorrad.

Yes the cosmetic changes inc colours and led lights are a freshen up, revised instruments,
a revised travel dependent damping rear shock,
For euro 5, revised cylinder heads for better cooling, slightly less peak hp,
pretty much the same fuel system as the wc gs which is tidier,
comes with rider modes, ABS pro and dynamic brake control,
scrambler and urban get dirt mode instead of dynamic with pro riding modes, and dynamic traction control etc,,
and cruise control in the comfort package with heated grips,
Check out MOTOBOB on U tube if curious, not good at attaching links,
So the back to basic 9 t has finally been infected with the gadgets and parental approach to keeping you safe,

I love the look of that 40th Anniv bumble R9T Urban . Quite close to the look/ idea of the original bike . All the shots of it seem to have the 719 heads on it , are they not standard on that version then ?

I love the look of that 40th Anniv bumble R9T Urban . Quite close to the look/ idea of the original bike . All the shots of it seem to have the 719 heads on it , are they not standard on that version then ?

I wouldn’t the surprised if they come as standard on the Bumblebee 9T. They are standard on all the GS Bumblebee versions...

Still think the R1250R is a better bike with all the bells and whistles, do agree it doesn’t look as good

The 1250R is definitely a better bike than the R Nine T even if they both miss the Telelever that is much better than any fork...More power,wet clutch in front of the engine,centerstand,hard bags and luggage rack right from the factory...:thumby:
It would have been nice if BMW would have offered these options for the R Nine T for people who want a simpler aircooled BMW experience...But unfortunately they decided to keep the R Nine T a toy for hipsters...:(
Oh well at least with the GS you can get it all except for the looks and a 17" front wheel...Saves me a lot of money not to have to buy another upgraded R Nine T...:thumb BMW will never learn that BMW riders are pragmatic people that like nice looking and sounding bikes like the R Nine T but definitely want them also nice riding and practical !!! Too much to ask for obviously...;)

To be fair they are a popular bike and people , not just hipsters, like the more simple nature of the bike compared to the eve more complicated new GS for example .

You are making the mistake of thinking everyone wants what you want. The less powerful oil cooled motor is still plenty powerful enough. If you want the ultimate Touring bike with luggage capacity , buy an RT, if you want a true do it all road / off road touring bike then buy the do it all GS . Want a more sportier experience with 17” wheels , buy an RS. Want a more simple basic motorcycle like bikes used to be , a bike without all the bells and whistle , a bike that doesn’t cost almost £20k .... buy an R9T variant , there are even several to choose from. :thumb2

The 1250R is definitely a better bike than the R Nine T even if they both miss the Telelever that is much better than any fork...More power,wet clutch in front of the engine,centerstand,hard bags and luggage rack right from the factory...:thumby:
It would have been nice if BMW would have offered these options for the R Nine T for people who want a simpler aircooled BMW experience...But unfortunately they decided to keep the R Nine T a toy for hipsters...:(
Oh well at least with the GS you can get it all except for the looks and a 17" front wheel...Saves me a lot of money not to have to buy another upgraded R Nine T...:thumb BMW will never learn that BMW riders are pragmatic people that like nice looking and sounding bikes like the R Nine T but definitely want them also nice riding and practical !!! Too much to ask for obviously...;)
I really don’t understand your point. I’ve done thousands of touring miles on my RnineT. I’ve had countless BMWs over the years including R1200GSA LC and R1200R. Of course there are more focussed bikes for touring but the RnineT is the closest bike in the range that typifies the essence of classic bike looks and relative simplicity. The suspension is not ‘shite’, the favourite word of haters, it’s basic. Compared to older airheads and again I’ve had a few and still have, it’s miles better and millions of miles have been covered on worse. I’ve not felt the need to change. Some owners will spend more on an exhaust system than what it costs to have better front and back suspension mods.

I quite like the look of the bumblebee Urban GS, so had a look on the BMW website. £14k? :eek::blast

You guys take me wrong...I myself had a 2016 EU-3 R Nine T.I liked the bike a lot after I through the price of an additional R Nine T in aftermarked goodies at it...Ohlins,tubeless wheels,Wunderlich fairing,etc...The list was long.
I hoped that BMW would see the light and on the R Nine T 2.0 would offer if not Telelever at least factory options for these goodies and put some quality suspension and tubeless wheels on it...Unfortunately not...:( Otherwise I would have bought another R Nine T myself because I like aircooled boxers:thumby:
Hope you guys are good with that...:D

I love my Turban and Scrambler.

As far as suspension goes, I don’t get all the negativity.

It’s adequate and that’s all I need.

I’ll run out of talent before the bike runs out of travel.

They’re great bikes, don’t buy a mini to move furniture, don’t buy a 9t to conquer the world or break the lap record at donnington.

Again, this is not rocket science

S92GS I hear what you are saying...Like I said I would have loved to buy another R Nine T if BMW would have improved it because I liked the bike...But I don't want to spend another 2 grand for tuneless wheels,another 3 grand for decent suspension and would have liked a centerstand right from the factory as also factory hard bags that work with my ignition key as also a luggage rack that does not have to come off every time I need to change the airfilter or battery in order to lift off the tank...I hoped BMW would have done this much to make the bike right as in a real motorcycle that is practical and real alternative to the more complicated and more expensive watercooled boxers....But as always life is full of disappointments...;)

I don’t think the bike needs £3k suspension , does it ?

Tubeless on the Urban & Scrambler would definitely be better.

Centre-stand ; most manufacturers seem to omit this as standard equipment on their non touring bikes.

It would look shit with hard bags, buy an RS!

It’s not an MX bike where you are changing the air filter every meeting . What’s your annual mileage as the filter should be good for 12k . And the battery , well my main bike has had the same battery for nearly 7 years now so not really an issue either.

Me thinks thou doth protest too much :p

I don’t think the bike needs £3k suspension , does it ?

Tubeless on the Urban & Scrambler would definitely be better.

Centre-stand ; most manufacturers seem to omit this as standard equipment on their non touring bikes.

It would look shit with hard bags, buy an RS!

It’s not an MX bike where you are changing the air filter every meeting . What’s your annual mileage as the filter should be good for 12k . And the battery , well my main bike has had the same battery for nearly 7 years now so not really an issue either.

Me thinks thou doth protest too much :p
My Scrambler has tubeless wheels. Have they changed?

Rushy I live in Kalifornia and ride twice a year to Mexico...Both dry and dusty environments and it is a pain to take the tank off without scratching it.As for a practical centerstand I put the Wunderlich on mine...It was a pain to fit.
I had Hepco-Becker bags on mine...Stock BMW ones are much better when it comes to mounting and locks.Again BMW missed out because bags are important if you actually want to go somewhere...As for the stock suspension.If you just go to town to your local bar/cafe they are sufficient...;)If you want to ride fast especially on bumpy back roads you will see the stock suspension has not enough spring travel and is hopelessly underdamped like the junk they put on 1970's jap bikes when everyone bought Marzocchis or Konis.Today you have to buy Ohlin$$$ on the R Nine T.As for tubed wheels they are heavy and slow down the steering and if you have a flat you are completely screwed especially with the lack of a centerstand...:( You have to spend another 3 grand on tubeless wheels from the 719 collection or get the ugly cast ones they put on the Pure for only 2 grand...:D
Too bad because otherwise I would have bought another R Nine T...:thumb
Despite lacking Telelever and all the other stuff the R1200R had...I had 3 of those but unfortunately the R Nine T looks so much better...Unfortunately all is wasted on the Hipsters...;)

No the Scrambler and Urban GS have tubeless spokes or tubeless cast wheels...I was talking about the regular R Nine T that comes with tubed spoke wheels...And still does...:( But you can get now beautiful machined cast and Kineo looking spoke wheel$$$ that are tubeless as a factory 719 option for 2021...But still no hardbags,rack,centerstand or quality suspension components instead of the 60's style soviet shit they put on the 2021 R Nine T...;)

Presumably for styling, the standard 9 T, has centre laced spoke wheels and inner tubes, revised in 2017 which are on my bike,
I chucked the tubes and did the 3 m tape tubeless conversion, granted it does s feel better and no puncture anxiety,

Back
Top Bottom