New EU-5 R Nine T will be revealed today...

Boxerlust

Reaction score
...actually in 30 min !
Let's see if the idiots in Brussels have kiled it with less power and less glorious noise.
I hope BMW get's their heads out of their arses and finally offer TUBELESS spokes in 17" as also factory HARD bags , centerstand and luggage rack.Made the access to airfitler and battery EASIER and put better suspension on it !
Also Telelever instead of the ancient forks would be nice but probably only a dream in the 8th year of the R Nine T...
Corner ABS and linked brakes would be great,too...Let's get prepared to be disappointed...:D

Some new colors,corner ABS and LED headlight...Boring !
Thanks BMW...I don't have to buy the 2.0 version...:D
At least EU-5 has not killed the air-cooled boxer...:thumby:

Just need to wait for motorcycle mags to do a ride test,
Euro 5 is just more risk of warning lights for the benefit of the planet,
rear shock gets many critics, hopefully better reviews,
its refreshing that they keep it going in original form for me, mainly why i like it so much,
i like the later spoked wheels, you were right about chucking the inner tubes it does feel more nimble,

I might have bought another R Nine T if they would have upgraded it with factory luggage,rack,centerstand a decent factory suspension despite the stupid fork...But as always the boys in charge are clue-less after all these years and the Hipsters have moved on to different hobbies/things they think are hip & cool...Too bad because I thought the R Nine T is a good looking and not too bad riding bike but in need of some real improvement except for a few cosmetic changes...Close but no cigar...;)
I'll wait for the M1300GS...:D

I might have bought another R Nine T if they would have upgraded it with factory luggage,rack,centerstand a decent factory suspension

I think they did that and called it an R1200/1250GS.

I think they did that and called it an R1200/1250GS.

No he wants something more sporty than that. It’s a shame they don’t make a Sports Touring version with a centre stand and hard panniers, 17” wheels with sporty rubber, a rear rack too. Maybe fit a small 1/2 fairing and add more power than the standard R9T would be good too. I’m going to email BMW and suggest they call it .......the RS !?

El Gringo , like Rushy said...:thumby:
As for the R Nine T , I had a 2016 EU-3 R Nine T myself and put another R Nine T worth of parts onto it to make it ride-able...But still the R Nine T would be a great bike for people who like simpler things but BMW does not get it...You don't have to make less practical to make it more attractive...:( I mean I like the origional R Nine T or even the cheaper Pure with lighter/tubeless cast wheels...The origional still has TUBED :eek: spoke wheels and you have to buy expensive 719 tubeless cast or spoke wheel$$$ and still don't get factory hardbags,luggage rack or centerstand...Things to make a bike ride-able/useful for commuting/touring/vacation trips...You can this stuff from the aftermarket but is is not as good as if it came from BMW (I speak from experience) and you need an extra key that eventually will scrape your tank.Also still the cheap suspension that needs to be changed...Telelever would have been nice also as any 2006-14 R1200R with the same aircooled engine rides/handles better than a Ohlins equipped R Nine T...Again I know what I'm talking about as I had both...Nice that the idiots in Brussels did not kill the air-cooled boxer but BMW should and could have done more to the R Nine T except for putting make-up and LED lights/blinkers and a different WAD shock on it ! Saved me some money because I really like the R Nine T and would have loved to buy an upgraded version 2.0...Still have the EU-3 Akrapovic with baffles removed in the garage...But that pipe will see no action...:D

New RnineT

Some lovely looking updated versions coming....

Attachments

• BA75A907-8F77-4AC5-ACF5-2A899A11451B.jpg
    BA75A907-8F77-4AC5-ACF5-2A899A11451B.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 415
  • BB296FC0-8B09-408B-BA46-AFA5AD3FE653.jpg
    BB296FC0-8B09-408B-BA46-AFA5AD3FE653.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 415
  • 46D4F1CE-4B0A-4795-A09D-54DDF38DF175.jpg
    46D4F1CE-4B0A-4795-A09D-54DDF38DF175.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 411
  • F0E58582-786B-40DA-A835-A84D3B5CDC65.jpg
    F0E58582-786B-40DA-A835-A84D3B5CDC65.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 408
The first one looks good. Isn’t the last one the current Urban?

Yes bumble bee paint job looks good - last one is is very similar to current Urban but does have the latest engine/upgrades.

First one just has the very expensive cam covers from the options list ;)

Looks like the R9T family will be around for a long time yet :)

Bit pointless giving it a nice paint job if the suspension is still utter shite.
Has that been changed ?

Don’t know Martin, spent £470 on a Wilbers unit on mine. Totally transformed it, given the money people spend on personalising their bikes seems a small price to pay to get it right...

94dc00df57d8e221e6f0903d3463bf2d.jpg

Pretty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom