Newbie- Got a brand new 310 for my 50th birthday

Craigy-Craigo

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Hope I’m welcome here with a baby GS. Back on a bike recently after hmm .... 30 odd years away !!! Wow bikes have changed some. Did bit of Moto x back as a kid fancied getting a bike mainly for the social aspect of riding, road trips etc etc My ride ( bought from bmw dealer in Tunbridge wells )is beginning to loosen up a bit now after 300 miles. Loving it. Happy days :)

Craig

Was after some advice... Not all that keen on the cast wheels that came on my bike. Had a look at the rally raid ones. £1700. Gulp !!! Are there any alternatives? New, used .. will fit from other bikes/models etc

Many thanks

Was after some advice... Not all that keen on the cast wheels that came on my bike. Had a look at the rally raid ones. £1700. Gulp !!! Are there any alternatives? New, used .. will fit from other bikes/models etc

Many thanks

Spent last while reading through posts on the Baby gs parts etc etc Not a lot of love for this little bike it seems. For the just over 5 k I spent on mine nothing else with a 3 years warranty came close to matching my needs/wants. Small light adventure machine ! Won’t ever do a 3 thousand mile trip but might do 2 or 3 hundred miles :) Awe well, Rally raid wheels it is :) new or second hand wanted it appears is the best and near only options .....

And one here from Canterbury....welcome Craigy.....:thumb

Get some knobblies fitted and go have a play on some local trails.....:green gri

Hello buddy :). Knobbies were indeed on my thinking :okay. I needing some different wheels to fit them on though ????:beerjug:

Yes, cast wheels may not fare too well on the trails.

if you ever want to explore some gentle trails let me know, as there are quite a few around me and I'll be out during autumn & winter.

if you ever want to explore some gentle trails let me know, as there are quite a few around me and I'll be out during autumn & winter.

Where's my invite? Thanks mate, new bloke comes on and you're all, 'come and ride with me' What did I ever do to upset you Keith????

Welcome to the forum Craig. Be careful with Keith, one minute he's your mate, then someone new comes along ....

:thumby:

Where's my invite? Thanks mate, new bloke comes on and you're all, 'come and ride with me' What did I ever do to upset you Keith????

Welcome to the forum Craig. Be careful with Keith, one minute he's your mate, then someone new comes along ....

:thumby:

Harsh David.....he's only 20 mins up the road ;)

You've never upset me...got nothing but love for you :kissy2

Light trails or enduro bike trails ? Don’t really want to mess up or drop my new machine 20 times

Banter, I'm heart broken. He may be 20 minutes up the road, but if you asked, I'd travel from here for a day out. (I may have to find overnight accommodation (terms and conditions apply))

Anyway, Craig, the Rally Raid shit for the 310 is seriously good stuff. I've watched a lot of the videos about it and it all looks top quality. If it was me, I'd get the wheels and the suspension, then whatever else I could afford.

Banter, I'm heart broken. He may be 20 minutes up the road, but if you asked, I'd travel from here for a day out. (I may have to find overnight accommodation (terms and conditions apply))

Anyway, Craig, the Rally Raid shit for the 310 is seriously good stuff. I've watched a lot of the videos about it and it all looks top quality. If it was me, I'd get the wheels and the suspension, then whatever else I could afford.

Guess the problem I’m thinking is ..... could buy a decent little trail bike like Fantic for trail stuff. Just to plain [look sweet] I need gold rimmed alloys with chrome spokes on the baby gs :)

Yeah, but you could have one bike that you can do days out on, but you could also do a TET holiday on the one bike.

You could get a little trail bike, but how comfy will it be for longer distances and longer road stretches?? From what I've read, the 310 is a pretty handy do it all bike, so it makes sense to use it as a do it all bike, rather than what, a bike that looks off road but you have a different bike for proper off-road bike? Then what do you use the 310 for?? Anything else you'd get a bigger bike? F800 e.g.

Just my thoughts. My bikes are a weird mix, but I can justify them. :)

Back
Top Bottom