R1200GS A rear shock, ESA Cable attachment

Mark Lonergan

Reaction score
I have a 2008 R1200GS A and replaced the broken standard shock with a NITRON non electronically one. Unfortunately the warning light on the dash has come on to say there is an issue. I have therefore recently bought a blanking cap for the ESA to enable to warning light to go off. However I cannot see where the ESA plug is to attach the blanking cap? I cannot find any images of where the bottom cable plugs into the bike so any help/photos very much appreciated. Cheers

When I changed my shocks ( 2012 GS) the connectors were located in the loom under the seat, behind the battery, inside the frame, left hand side near the top. They are not easy to see and you may need to feel around to find them. It’s much easier if the shock is still connected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 2008 R1200GS A and replaced the broken standard shock with a NITRON non electronically one. Unfortunately the warning light on the dash has come on to say there is an issue. I have therefore recently bought a blanking cap for the ESA to enable to warning light to go off. However I cannot see where the ESA plug is to attach the blanking cap? I cannot find any images of where the bottom cable plugs into the bike so any help/photos very much appreciated. Cheers

There is no light that comes on. I put a Maxton non ESA shock on my bike and it didn't throw a light up.

You don't really need any blanking plug
If you would like to disable EsA all you need is OBD link LX and motoscann App and reprogram ECU
Disable ESA completly.
If you near Croydon I can help you with that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom